Retro deal brings ColecoVision back from the '80s

Started by zapiy, November 03, 2013, 21:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthinice

Great list of games! Thanks for sharing the link!

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Great list of games! Thanks for sharing the link!

Indeed it is.  Not surprised that certain titles are missing from the list (like DK). 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

sloan

Is this hitting store shelves around October as well?

TrekMD

Quote from: "sloan"Is this hitting store shelves around October as well?

Yes, both units are launching at the same time. 

TrekMD

onthinice

I will never understand why Nintendo will not let Donkey Kong the arcade version resurface.

Colecovision if you are listening!!! I love Crazy Kong.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"I will never understand why Nintendo will not let Donkey Kong the arcade version resurface.
Over protective of their IP?

sloan

Now, if they would just make a 5200 flashback, I would be in 80's retro heaven.

TrekMD

Quote from: "sloan"Now, if they would just make a 5200 flashback, I would be in 80's retro heaven.

I wonder if they ever will.  It would be a good system to make a Flashback for...with self-centering joysticks!

onthinice

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "sloan"Now, if they would just make a 5200 flashback, I would be in 80's retro heaven.

I wonder if they ever will.  It would be a good system to make a Flashback for...with self-centering joysticks!

I loved Jungle Hunt on the 5200. Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man and Junior would probably be no shows. :(

TrekMD

Yeah, I don't think the Pac-Family would be making an appearance unless some licensing deal is made.

onthinice

Keystone Kapers , Kaboom and River Raid would be good replacements.

I am looking forward to the new Colecovision. I have been on the fence about upgrading an old Colecovison with better video output. I like that these new ones will be ready out of the box.

dot.fyre

Personally, I'm very disappointed in the list of games.

I know it'll be down to licensing issues but the majority of the Coleco's best games are missing.
For someone who doesn't know the system (or it's games) it doesn't give a very favourable (or accurate) depiction of how good the system was.

Only my opinion of course but from that list I'd only rate Choplifter, Cosmic Avenger, Miner 2049er, Montezuma's Revenge, Space Panic, Venture & Zaxxon as must-haves.

zapiy

Your right in many respects and one would hope they resolved in later versions assuming the support is there for this one.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC