Auction Watch! what are things fetching?

Started by Carlos, March 11, 2012, 18:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

"For color TV viewing only" on the box, that's too cool. Will be interesting to see how much it ends at.

Shadowrunner

Wow, it's already over $700.00! It must be very rare!

TrekMD

It is very rare indeed.  Calling it the holy grail for Intellivision collectors is pretty accurate.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Ben

I love that box art, I really miss the days when games had to use quality artwork to sell you on the premise. We're starting to see a comeback with a lot of the Kickstarter games targeted at retro gaming fans, at least.

TrekMD

The box art is one the reasons I decided to rehost some of the pictures and post them.  I'd love to get my hands on this but it's just too much $$$. 

Shadowrunner

That Intellivision game went for just over $1400 :13:

Here's something I've been watching just because I'm curious to see how high it goes.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/171932213053?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT

I bought most of my Jaguar collection between 3 and 5 years ago, and I'm sure glad I did! I can't believe how much this stuff is going for these days, it's easily doubled or even tripled in value over the past few years and it just keeps going up! This is a big lot sure, but all the carts are loose and nothing super rare. Still 3 days left in the auction too, crazy!

TrekMD

I'm not surprised about that Intellivision game. That is a holy grail.  :)

I'd be curious about that Jaguar also.

TrekMD

vandro

That's why I have struggled to buy one so far. Going to have to go on a car boot hunt I think

TrekMD

Saturn

O..M..G
That is outstanding but $4000 is a huge chunk of change imo. But, the person it's worth it to probably won't mind a bit. Hope it finishes off someone's collection. To have it with the box like that is incredible. :113:

TrekMD

It was relisted for $1000 less today.  They were asking for $5000 before!

Saturn

Good grief! That's a little out there lol.
But, some games have gone for a lot more so it's hard to estimate the worth of things anymore. The 'Taking the piss' thread is a nice example. :10:

Shadowrunner

TrekMD

I've only seen pictures of it.  I think it is a pretty nifty "toy" but it is a pricey one.