Auction Watch! what are things fetching?

Started by Carlos, March 11, 2012, 18:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

Quote from: Shadowrunner on February 13, 2019, 19:14:19 PM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303053426450

Okay, I have two questions.

Why is this so expensive?

How the hell do you play a game without a joystick?

I don't get it!
Very odd, to say the least. I wouldn't have bought it.

Quote from: TrekMD on February 13, 2019, 19:54:53 PM
Maybe that's why they are trying to sell it!  No clue about how to use it!
And LOL TrekMD!

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

Shadowrunner

lol

I actually looked this up to see how it works. These were originally designed for people that were used to playing PC games on a keyboard, so instead of a stick you get four extra buttons for movement.

TrekMD

If anyone is looking for an Atari 5200, this looks like a pretty good deal as it is a boxed system with a boxed trak-ball controller and various games.  Check it out:  Atari 5200 Like New.

Shadowrunner

Okay, the price of retro games and systems has officially gotten crazy.

Check out this Sealed Gameboy on ebay. I really can't believe how much this is going for!

TrekMD

OMG, that's absurd!  And those are actual bids!!!!

Shadowrunner

You thought that was absurd, take a look at what it sold for. I just don't get it!

TrekMD

Quote from: Shadowrunner on July 03, 2020, 20:37:43 PM
You thought that was absurd, take a look at what it sold for. I just don't get it!

Shadowrunner

Lol yeah you're seeing right.

I'm guessing that the retailer registration card still attached is what drove the price up. Sealed Gameboys aren't common but they're not that rare. This one was basically not even sold.

TrekMD

I'm still in awe.  $3,261.00.  No, just no.  I wonder if whoever won will actually PAY.  You know the sale doesn't always get paid.

Saturn

That's insane. And payment must be made over the phone?
QuotePayment for this auction MUST be made over the phone by Visa or Mastercard.  We will email the winning bidder the phone number to call and payment must be made within 2 business days - Thanks!

That doesn't sound shady..
Even for someone with 100% positive feedback (but only 223 ratings) that seems odd to me.
Anyway, f that, keep your Gameboy lmao. The system sucked and emulation costs roughly $3,261.00 less than that pos

TrekMD

Quote from: Saturn on July 05, 2020, 03:18:59 AM
Anyway, f that, keep your Gameboy lmao. The system sucked and emulation costs roughly $3,261.00 less than that pos

I think that may go against the TOS for Ebay!  I had not even paid attention to that!  By the way, tell us how you really feel about the GameBoy, @Saturn.  LOL

Shadowrunner

Now here's something I've never seen before. A TV with a built in PS2!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264861572063

TrekMD