Sacred Line Genesis - New Sega Mega Drive Homebrew!

Started by TL, October 20, 2013, 12:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:14w1mjd2]

About
Sacred Line Genesis is a brand new Adventure / Visual Novel game which was developed exclusively for the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis videogame system. It tells the story of Ellen, a private detective, who is trying to survive in Eastern Europe. Lately detective business, which she inherited from her missing sister Sarah, almost ceased its existence and one day before she was going to close her office she got an anonymous call. The unknown asked her to find some hidden forest outpost and told her about its position. That was just the beginning. The game is free of censorship and recommended for Mature audience only (Blood, Intense Violence, Mature Humor, Minor Sexual Violence Reference, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Violent References).
It's not a port, not a translation, not a rip-off with copyrighted stuff. It is based on my own game Sacred Line, which was released for free for PC/Mac on Desura.

Features:
- High quality 3D graphics (highly recommended to play on CRT TV)
- WAV soundtrack (which sounds like a GBA output, it also won't be slow for PAL users)
- Unique and memorable setting, story and environments
- Text-based dice fighting system (ideally you need a dice...but you can also play without it)
- More than 20 endings: normal, secret and deaths, deaths, deaths
- Don't be frustrated: if you die, you'll start from the last checkpoint
- In-game enclyclopedia will help you learn more about characters
- Compatible with Flashcarts like Everdrive
- Any buyer will be added to a special list: it means you will get discounts and special bonuses for all further products. Money is support and support will not be forget.

Not so good features (GINCS-specific things you may not like):
- The game uses GINCS engine, its Visual Studio modification. It means it uses WAV soundtrack and WAV files cannot be stopped immediately there, they will always play to the end. Not everyone will take it as a problem but it must be mentioned.
- Text has no shadows. Somehow, just theoretically, IF you're crazy enough and decided to play any GINCS game via very, very, very bad RF connection on a very, very, very bad, just simply broken LCD screen and there's also a gas all around you, the text will be hard to read. But nobody ever reported that kind of problem since the creation of GINCS (2006 year).
- There is a super exotic GINCS bug which was reported by GenDev user: the game might crash if you will insert gun or mouse to the Port 2

Demo Download:
It's a final demo which shows all the game features. It will end after a first fight with a skeleton.
If you think what something needs to be fixed (except "Not so good features"), you can tell about it in this thread. The result may be presented in the release version.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dy53byl1xr14c4d

Release [Digital]:
The game was finished like a month ago and ready for the release digitally just before Halloween 2013. I need to change a bank card and if Paypal won't do some idiotic blocking with it like they always do with all law abiding citizens, I'll start to sell it right before the end of this month.
The package will contain ROM for Flashcarts, ROM with tuned Fusion emulator, high-res game cover and manual. The price is 5.99$. You can also request a special ROM with your own name in main menu of the game for 9.99$.

Release [Cartridge Run]:
It's complicated. Current version was going to be published by Watermelon, but in the end it was declined by their programmer/producer because of an upgraded GINCS sound system (see "Not so good features" above). So now the game is in "Purgatory" state for that matter, I must find another publisher (which doesn't exist, because SF Team is releasing only actions and RPGs) or engine must be changed and the whole soundtrack must be redone to tracker format. If we make all the changes and Watermelon's cartridge version will be possible in the end, it will be a special version with a new non-WAV soundtrack and unlockable additional campaign. In this case people who already bought the original version and who will buy the cartridge as well, will also get a bonus third campaign, which will be released exclusively for them. If you're a talented developer which can make WAVs stop immediately, you must know that world out there needs you.

Special thanks:
Thanks Haroldo for GINCS system.
Thanks to Watermelon team for helping with translation.[/align:14w1mjd2]

Title: Sacred Line Genesis
Platform]Sega Genesis / Mega Drive (Region-Free)
Genre:
Adventure / Visual Novel
Developer: Sasha Darko
Works on real hardware: Yes (Flashcart-ready)
Digital Version Release date: Halloween of 2013
Cartridge Version Release date: TBA
Game rating: 18+ (Mature)
Official site: http://sashadarko.com/genesis.html
Download Demo (Flashcart version, works in emulators): http://www.mediafire.com/?dy53byl1xr14c4d

TrekMD

Awesome!  This is something I'll need to check out!  The whole situation about a cart release sucks, though. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Wow, looks proper decent..

Would love to hear your thoughts fella should you get a review up..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

triverse

I am working with the developer to feature them in a later issue of RGM and also to review Sacred Line later this week on the site.  It looks awesome, at least it is "original" as in never been on Genesis before.

TrekMD

Very cool!  Looking forward to your review, Laird. 

Cool on your end as well, triverse.  :)

zapiy

Yeah great work guys,, this certainly looks a bit special so looking forward to more on this.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

This can be ordered already!  I need to get it!  :)

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "TrekMD"This is now available as a cartridge release:  http://www.sacredlinegenesis.com/

Yep, ordered it a little while ago :) I was too late to get the LE version, but it looks great and cheap too!

TrekMD

Same here.  At least it comes with the sleeve to put in a case so it is a matter of getting a case and you're ready with a CIB edition.  :)

zapiy

Shadowrunner

Will do, I'm really looking forward to trying it.

zapiy

Shadowrunner

Okay, I tried this out yesterday. . . and it's different alright! Good story and nice looking environments, and the combat system where you have to roll an actual die is very cool. The music is nice, but unfortunately that's the only sound in the game. Some sound effects along the way could have really taken this up a notch and really helped with the atmosphere. Still a cool little game though :113: