New Atari Homebrews

Started by TrekMD, October 20, 2013, 02:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

With my recent order from Atari Age, came a card with several new homebrew titles that I believe will be released later this year.  I decided to scan the card to post it here and give everyone a heads up.  There are releases listed for the 2600, 7800, and XL/XE...

[align=center:2pug2jag][/align:2pug2jag]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

sloan

Looks like cool stuff. Now, if only I hadn't gotten banned from over there for the 2nd time I might be able to order  :14:

TrekMD

Quote from: "sloan"Looks like cool stuff. Now, if only I hadn't gotten banned from over there for the 2nd time I might be able to order  :14:

I believe the store log in is separate from the forum.  You may still be able to log into the store to order.  Have you tried?

TL

Quote from: "sloan"Looks like cool stuff. Now, if only I hadn't gotten banned from over there for the 2nd time I might be able to order  :14:

I got banned from there years ago for doing absolutely nothing accept stand up for myself when I was getting constantly trolled. Shame as there are loads of games there that I would like to buy, especially Bob's 7800 stuff.

sloan

So, going on Laird's account, you haven't tried to log in to the store and buy? I may try TrekMD's suggestion, but have to get some funds up first.

BTW, I know all about standing up for one's self over there and getting banned. My most recent ban came because AA spies are mods over at digital press, and I decided to bust out the AA site for its enabling of trolls, including some of the AA mods who can be worst offenders. Well, wouldn't you know it, one of the spies turned Al onto that thread and presto I could no longer log in to my AA account. Strange how that works. No regrets, because all I did was speak the truth.

Worst thing about the internet is that some of Al's spies frequent many of the popular game forums and report directly back to you know who. I have even been trolled on another popular game site for speaking the truth about AA. People who will defend that troll site to the death. They may even be on this site for all I know. Oh well...

Anyway, yeah, I may try buying from the store sometime soon and the worst that can happen is they can deny my purchase attempt.

TL

I agree with everything you just said, the way some of the mods behave there is just unreal.

I could tell you some really interesting stories but don't want to derail the topic further.

But I can assure you that there are no AA spies or trolls here, quite a few have tried to sign up and they were refused. You are very safe here my friend.

Cryptic33

Hmm, interesting. Firstly, I am very interested in the Adventure 2 for my XE and feel it is a shame the platformer Bentley's Crystal Quest is not ported to the XE systems but, it is good to see more games for the 7800. Secondly, I knew there were issues between some people here and AA and thank you for alerting me to the need for caution when on AA. I rarely go there TBH, RVG is THE place to be ;)
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Greyfox

Really delighted to see such great games been created for these fabulous consoles and amazing programmers and designers still feel the need to create wonderful games for you all to play, and a dire shame that there is some much hatred and trolling and judge mental begrudgedly that people are subjected to if they voice an opinion over at you know where.

A real and lost opportunity for those involved, either selling or buying a product.

TrekMD

Well, the discussion hasn't turned out to be what I hoped, I must say.  Let me see if I can course change...

Of these games, the one I'm most looking forward to is Bentley Bear Crystal Quest for several reasons. One, it has one of my most favorite video game characters.  Bentley Bear could have been a great "pet" for Atari (like Mario for Nintendo and Sonic for Sega) but he was not properly used.  This game brings the character to light.  Another reason to like the title is that it is another XM game.  It also is a platformer, which is a type of game that the 7800 did not see many of. 

We do have a thread on that game here:  Bentley Bear Crystal Quest

sloan

I'm a sucker for Christmas themed games, so The Byte Before Christmas and Stay Frosty 2 look very interesting to me. Bought Christmas Carol for Intellivision last year and it is an excellent game to say the least.

TrekMD

I am looking forward to those titles as well.  I love the Christmas holidays, so games for the holiday are always great.  :)

TrekMD