Started by TL, March 11, 2012, 16:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "The Laird"Just heard:

THERE WILL BE NO PAL RELEASE!

NO I AM NOT KIDDING!

Have to be honest, there is no excuse for this. Especially as the Jaguar sold better in Europe than it did in the US.

What?  That sucks!  Is there a technical reason for this?

BTW, I just realized I've done over 300 posts here!

Bad coding apparently. I just can't see an excuse for this, that is why you have testers. Very annoyed  >:(

BTW: Just over 1800 now  :P
That sucks.  Well, I'm not surprised you have that many! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Jag_Slave

Sorry guys no PAL is planned. Our fault, and mistaken coding on our part. We could make a PAL version now but it would take another 6 months I'm betting to get it out the door again. And we are just ready to move on to newer and bigger titles. Its such a small run (less than 100) that we cant justify it right now. Perhaps the free release will have it fixed but I wouldn't count on it. The issue is resolved for all future releases. Again, sorry for any disappointments. If you have NTSC, or a 50/60 mod, you can run the game.

Thanks to all who support us nonetheless! And we look forward to making more releases that meet all the standards that some may have missed.

THANKS!

dubchaser

TL

There is no way I am going to mod my console, Jag's are rare enough without mutalating it.

Couldn't care less about a free version, I am a collector and only want a physical product.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Quote from: "zapiy"Just get a new TV? :o

No way would I ever pay that for a game.

dubchaser

Works our around £63 for UK buyers.  I bought a copy although not sure if one of my three jags is USA version yet. Need to check. Any obvious signs apart from ac adapter pins?

dcultrapro

speaking of regions etc with the Jag (sorry if this is somewhat off topic) but my Jag was obviously PAL, and I got a Jag CD Drive that was refurbished from the US, so isn't the CD Drive an NTSC device? and if so, how the hell is it that all my pal games work?
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"speaking of regions etc with the Jag (sorry if this is somewhat off topic) but my Jag was obviously PAL, and I got a Jag CD Drive that was refurbished from the US, so isn't the CD Drive an NTSC device? and if so, how the hell is it that all my pal games work?

What determines the region is the video output, which is in the Jaguar itself. The Jaguar CD is obviously running through this so is totally region free. The Jaguar console is of course multi-region anyway when it comes to playing games, until this release all games worked on all machines.

TL

Quote from: "dubchaser"Works our around £63 for UK buyers.  I bought a copy although not sure if one of my three jags is USA version yet. Need to check. Any obvious signs apart from ac adapter pins?

The power light is a different colour, green IIRC.

That price is still too rich, interesting how all those people who massively criticised Madbodies for being $79 are not so vocal about this.

TrekMD

Looks like there have been several folks complaining about the price, after all.  They've been posting explanations of why it is as costly as it is on AA and JSII.

TL

I am very surprised more people havn't complained, well not in public anyway.

TrekMD

I guess enough have if they are giving explanations.  They also stated that support has been mixed, though more on the positive side.  Regardless, they did sell all copies of the game and are debating about doing the 2nd wave of 25 carts.

TL

The thing is, when it comes to the Jaguar, you could literally have a turd in a Jaguar box and stick a nice label on it and sell 25 of them without even trying. It's a bit sad really that there are people so obsessed with this system that they will buy anything.

I am not saying Blackout is a bad game of course, far from it. I am just pointing out that selling that many is not really an achievement. The Tiny Toons Beta that was released on cart sold out in 3 days, and 100 of them were produced. It's barely even a game too and the packaging sucked.

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"The thing is, when it comes to the Jaguar, you could literally have a turd in a Jaguar box and stick a nice label on it and sell 25 of them without even trying. It's a bit sad really that there are people so obsessed with this system that they will buy anything.

I am not saying Blackout is a bad game of course, far from it. I am just pointing out that selling that many is not really an achievement. The Tiny Toons Beta that was released on cart sold out in 3 days, and 100 of them were produced. It's barely even a game too and the packaging sucked.

I agree with you.  Selling 25 copies is not such a huge accomplishment but folks will buy some of these only to collect them and sell the later at a premium.  I'm sure that's part of what drove the Tiny Tunes sale.