*NEW* Atari Jaguar Game - Blackout!

Started by TL, March 11, 2012, 16:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

Look forward to it!

I need to have a little chat with you sometime actually as I may have something very interesting for you to be part of . . . . .

Jag_Slave

Jag_Slave

Music is 100%
Graphics 95%
Glitches fixed 90%
Menu navigation 95%
Controls 100%
Boxes 99% (need to be printed)
Credits 95%
Levels 99%
Game ending 0%

TL

Thanks for the update!

Can't wait!!!  8)

zapiy

Nice one fella. I think this will be my first Jag HB purchase.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

I hear this is basically finished now . . .

Awaiting an update!!!

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"I hear this is basically finished now . . .

Awaiting an update!!!
Cool!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Great news. Hopefully hear some more soon then and maybe some vids?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

BLACKOUT! Is officially released and ready for purchase!
 For the moment we only have 23 copies available (out of the planned 25 due to bad chips).
 If these copies do well, we will do a second release of 25 carts, and then a third larger release for CD. Followed by the free binary release!

Key features of the game:

• BJL Loader.
 Yes, that's right! This game can also be used as a development tool for aspiring coders!

• Game Box
 Printed in non-laminated uncoated cardstock similar to the original box style and designs used for old Jaguar releases. We went against the glossy boxes because lamination peels over time. This release includes original Atari bags, white cardstock inserts, and game instruction card. Each box is numbered.

• Game Features
 4+stages with over 40 levels total.
 Power-ups, a timer, pumping music by C-Trix, and some goofy extras.
 This game is more than just another lights out.

NOTE:
50hz PAL Mode is disabled in this release. This is due to originally starting with buggy video code and finding this out much later in development. Reworking to accommodate PAL video mode would be more trouble than its currently worth at the moment, which would delay the release considerably. We apologize in advance for those using only PAL systems, however a 50/60HZ Mod switch will take care of this as the video mode for the game only runs in NTSC 60hz. If booted on a PAL machine it will display an error message informing of the swap necessary. Future developments have already had this issue resolved and should not be a problem.

We personally dont believe in releasing a certain number of hard copies and then not making it available to download for those that have missed out and causing people to resell releases for insane prices. Hence the free release later on. We hope this helps curb the issue a little bit...

Your continued support of homebrew development releases from ANY group will allow developers to continue releasing hard copies for those that would like them.

Check out website for a Paypal purchase link and please limit to 1 copy if possible so everyone may have a chance. If the link doesn't allow you to purchase anything, that means we ran out of copies.

Enjoy!!

www.stormworksinteractive.com

TrekMD

Thanks for the update!  Order placed!  :)

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"Thanks for the update!  Order placed!  :'(

First time ever a Jag game hasn't worked on PAL machines  :-

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"Thanks for the update!  Order placed!  :'(

First time ever a Jag game hasn't worked on PAL machines  :-
Hopefully they are able to release a version that works on PAL machines soon. 

TL

Just heard:

THERE WILL BE NO PAL RELEASE!

NO I AM NOT KIDDING!

Have to be honest, there is no excuse for this. Especially as the Jaguar sold better in Europe than it did in the US.

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"Just heard:

NO I AM NOT KIDDING!

Have to be honest, there is no excuse for this. Especially as the Jaguar sold better in Europe than it did in the US.

What?  That sucks!  Is there a technical reason for this?

BTW, I just realized I've done over 300 posts here! 

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "The Laird"Just heard:

NO I AM NOT KIDDING!

What?  That sucks!  Is there a technical reason for this?

BTW, I just realized I've done over 300 posts here!

Bad coding apparently. I just can't see an excuse for this, that is why you have testers. Very annoyed  >:(

BTW: Just over 1800 now  :P