Author Topic: *NEW* Atari Jaguar Game - Blackout!  (Read 28151 times)

Offline TL

• View Profile
Re: *NEW* Atari Jaguar Game - Blackout!
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2012, 00:05:36 AM »
Gave this a good play earlier, first of all here are a couple of photos:

Firstly you will see from the pictures that the PAL version plays with a black border at the bottom of the screen, it looks bad at first but isn't as annoying as I thought it would be and I didn't even notice it after a while.

The first thing I noticed about this game was the outstanding music, I have only heard 4 of the music tracks so far but they were all excellent. In fact I would say this game has some of the best music of any Jaguar game out there! The second thing that struck me is how slick the presentation is, from the moment it boots up it seems just like a commercial release. From the menu screens to the credits and title screen it just all seems incredibly professional, a million times better than we have seen in other recent releases. Once into the game its self I like the way it has its own unique graphical style but I suppose I should talk about the gameplay! Blackout is a version of the old LCD game Lights Out, some people may even remember it as the pack-in title for the failed Game.com handheld by Tiger. Basically you have a grid of squares and some of theses are lit up. The idea is to turn them all off within a limited number of moves. The problem is that the lights are wired in sequences so when you turn one off others may come on. The trick is to try and learn the sequence quickly and turn them all off in as little moves as possible. Bonus points are awarded for finishing the round quickly and for moves remaining. And we all know that points mean prizes! Well ok power-ups in this case like one that freezes the time for you and another one that is rather explosive! All in all I found Blackout to be a really fun game and a great addition to the homebrew library of the Jaguar. The difficulty curve is just right and it has that unique one more go quality. If you are able to track this game down on CD, like I did, or on cartridge (it was released on both in limited numbers) then I recommend adding it to your collection.

[size=240]8/10[/size]

Offline Jag_Slave

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2012, 00:31:12 AM »
Thanks for the review!

Im glad you like it despite the black bar ;)

Thanks for the support, and thanks for picking up a copy if you did. Some people darn near ran us off from the scene. But as you can see, we are already balls deep in a new Jaguar title :D

JAGUAR RULES!

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2012, 00:32:39 AM »
Quote from: "Jag_Slave"

Thanks for the support, and thanks for picking up a copy if you did. Some people darn near ran us off from the scene. But as you can see, we are already balls deep in a new Jaguar title :D

JAGUAR RULES!

As we can see? Where where where!!!!!!

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2012, 00:32:50 AM »
I envy you guys that have the real hardware to play such titles :)

Offline Jag_Slave

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2012, 00:34:52 AM »
Where? Not enough to give anything away but...  http://www.stormworksinteractive.com
Our site is back up and we are only using it for anything involving sales, news, downloads, etc from now on ;)

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2012, 00:43:35 AM »
Well if You need some PR stuff for your next project , drop us aline here at RVG, terms: the laird has to be allowed see too lol.

Best of luck with it ;)

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2012, 00:43:49 AM »
Where? Not enough to give anything away but...  http://www.stormworksinteractive.com
Our site is back up and we are only using it for anything involving sales, news, downloads, etc from now on ;)

Splat!

Interesting . . . .

Offline Jag_Slave

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2012, 01:06:23 AM »
Thanks guys, much appreciated here :)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2012, 02:35:33 AM »
Glad to hear you are working on something else!  I guess your site will need to be on constant monitoring!  ;)  Splat!
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Jag_Slave

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2012, 02:41:41 AM »
LOL yes indeed!
I will try to update people via RVG, AA, and JS2 when I can as well.  8)

Offline Jag_Slave

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2012, 05:36:46 AM »
The free rom version is up for grabs on our site as promised :)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
*NEW* Atari Jaguar Game - Blackout!
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2012, 10:05:20 AM »

Nice one. Also remember you can use use to help promote you, none of what you suffered elsewhere will happen here.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2012, 10:36:35 AM »
The free rom version is up for grabs on our site as promised :D

Offline Jag_Slave

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2012, 00:27:41 AM »
Just so everyone (that purchased the final run) knows-

All cartridges are still in my possession. I am waiting on usps to send me my shipping boxes (which should arrive any day now). If they don't arrive by Wednesday, I am going to get off early so I can grab the boxes in person and have the games shipped out this weekend at the latest. Sorry for any inconvenience- this is a temporary hold-up.

Thanks

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
*NEW* Atari Jaguar Game - Blackout!
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2012, 00:30:46 AM »
What's the best way to run the free Rom?  And cheers for the update.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk