New Atari 2600 Homebrew - Space Raid

Started by TrekMD, October 13, 2013, 02:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

If you were disappointed when you saw Zaxxon ported to the Atari 2600, you're in for a surprise with Space Raid.  Written by Oscar Toledo, Space Raid is an isometric shooter for the 2600 that tries to see just what the 2600 can do when it comes to isometric shooters.  You can read about development of the game on his blog:  Space Raid: isometric game for Atari VCS/2600.  Check out this video of the game in action...

[align=center:24p0cnj2]Space Raid gameplay 2

[size=80]Posted with permission from Oscar Toledo.[/size][/align:24p0cnj2]

A zip file containing instructions as well as binaries for NTSC and PAL systems is attached below.  The latest version can always be found on Oscar's blog as well as the thread for the game he started at Atari Age (Space Raid 2600).

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

This is really damn impressive, an excellent bit of coding there  :16:

TrekMD

It sure is!  I hope it is released in cart.

Cryptic33

For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

zapiy

As above, thats very impressive coding..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

sloan

Surprisingly, I must be one of the few who actually liked Zaxxon on VCS.

On topic, that is a nice looking game. Would certainly be nice to be able to get it on cartridge format.

TrekMD

I just found out this game is going to see a release in cart through CollectorVision!  It will be lose cart and CIB!

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"I just found out this game is going to see a release in cart through CollectorVision!  It will be lose cart and CIB!

Great news!

TrekMD

For anyone interested in getting this game, it will be released by the folks from CollectorVision.  Check out the page:  CollectorVision: Atari 2600 - Coming Soon.  There's a tiny version of the box posted...

[align=center:2nvn6xmm][/align:2nvn6xmm]

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"For anyone interested in getting this game, it will be released by the folks from ColectorVision.  Check out the page:  CollectorVision: Atari 2600 - Coming Soon.  There's a tiny version of the box posted...

[align=center:1h2x47yb][/align:1h2x47yb]

That is great news!

TrekMD

An Intellivision version is also in the works and should be released by them as well.  :)

TrekMD

For those interested, this game is now available for preorder at Collectorvision:  http://www.collectorvision.com/Atari2600/game-spaceraid.htm