Atari Box Art

Started by TrekMD, October 11, 2013, 15:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

[align=center:3kfo5wcm]Here's a nice article looking at the box and cartridge art of Atari games
  [size=140]How Atari Box Art Turned 8-bit Games Into Virtual Wonderlands[/size]

[/align:3kfo5wcm]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Greyfox

A fascinating insight to this wonderful art form, I never tire of these amazing articles, this one has been book marked for further analyse :)

Great find Trek

Thanx

zapiy

Brilliant stuff, very interesting read.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

The artwork in those Atari 2600 boxes was always fantastic.  I miss seeing art like that on game packaging.

TL

Greyfox

A very nice list..but Warlords, Missile Command, Defender and many more should of made the list, and he ruined it by scaling the boxart in a landscape fashion across the screen, and what's worse, they are not even good scans of the box art in the first place, these guys come up with some great ideas for you tube videos with no knowledge on how to present them probably.. :69:
[align=center:qle5vy41]www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9jCelaTDzA[/align:qle5vy41]

and then get back to me lol..

TrekMD

Interesting choices for best boxart for the 2600.  Those wouldn't be my choices but that's a matter of personal taste.  I do agree with GF regarding presentation on that video, though.  Stretching the box art to fit horizontally does not look good at all. 

TL

TrekMD

I like that video.  The music choices were good.  :)

zapiy

Great video. Really nicely done.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

Well if you like looking at beautiful boxart , may I suggest you guys look at the wonderful boxart from the Atari 8-bit and Atari ST days from yours truly :113:

[align=center:i4xroskz]www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9jCelaTDzA[/align:i4xroskz]

That Atari one above was great too..but I hate when they don't remaster the wonderful artwork firstly..maybe it's just me being a perfectionist ?

TrekMD

Not only is the art nice but the way it is presented on the video is rather cool.

zapiy

Really is some stunning looking art there. Who did the video?  Awesome also.