Author Topic: Ashen's Ancient Handhelds  (Read 2723 times)

Offline TL

• View Profile
Ashen's Ancient Handhelds
« on: September 29, 2013, 01:57:18 AM »
[align=center:1q7fyzkj]Ancient Handheld Game Trio | Ashens[/align:1q7fyzkj]

Offline DreamcastRIP

• View Profile
Re: Ashen's Ancient Handhelds
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 16:11:00 PM »
Brilliant video!  :1:
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 00:27:19 AM »
I'd never seen any of these handhelds.  Were they only available in Europe?  Frisky Tom (that name would have kept some people away) does look like a fun game and the best of the bunch.  :)
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline DreamcastRIP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 01:23:17 AM »
Quote from: "TrekMD"
I'd never seen any of these handhelds.  Were they only available in Europe?

Pretty much, yes. A UK/New Zealand owned outfit licensed a good number of these tabletop games primarily from Japanese companies Epoch, Tomy and Entex and released them in the UK under the Grandstand label.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandstand_%28game_manufacturer%29

The existence of so many of these cool tabletop games here in the UK during the early 1980s goes a long way to explain why some of us Brits were left distinctly unimpressed by most of Nintendo's Game & Watch series. When Nintendo were busy releasing their early G&W games with their calculator-style monochrome LCD displays there were a great range of these Grandstand (and other brand) tabletop systems available.
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Offline Rogue Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 01:28:09 AM »
Race 'N' Chase was the very 1st gaming device i ever had (i can still recal the very moment my mother came back to the house with it, as i'd been watching The Incredible Hulk on the TV and it was the eps.where it looked like they'd killed him).

I cannot remember half my passwords these day's, but still remember that moment from many years ago.Game was a real nightmare to play, very difficult, even on lower skill levels and really just not fun.

Used to be like lugging a ton of bricks around in your school bag as well and it had a bizare tendency to utter a real high pitched squeal if you left it on in your bag and started throwing your school bags about, as we often did....

That Frisky Tom though, looked pretty sweet.Kinda like early version of Pipeline 2 (which i loved on C64).

Offline devilhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 17:53:57 PM »
Never seen Frisky Tom before so gonna lookout for that. Good video too  8)
Everything in my collection must be boxed and complete. Nothing else will do \":)\"

Offline onthinice

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 18:07:50 PM »
Frisky!  :113:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal