New Atari 2600 Homebrew - Piñata!

Started by TrekMD, September 27, 2013, 20:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

[align=center:pk344mcw][/align:pk344mcw]

Atari Age user Cybearg has created a compilation of five games he created for the 2600 and called the compilation Piñata!  Here are the details:
  • Five games, including arcade, action, and adventure: Heartbreak, Ping, Joyride, Fix-It Felix Sr., and Flipside.
  • Hard modes for each game, set with left difficulty switch.
  • Multiplayer modes for Joyride and Flipside, set with right difficulty switch.
  • Driving controller support for Heartbreak.
  • Full AtariVox save support for all games.
  • Support for resetting high scores (hold reset and press joystick fire while on the title menu).
  • Colorful game selection and credits screens.
  • Ability to exit to title screen from games without toggling power switch (flip select and reset at the same time).
The original thread can be found here:  Piñata

[align=center:pk344mcw]

[/align:pk344mcw]

[align=center:pk344mcw][size=80]Posted with permission from Cybearg.[/size][/align:pk344mcw]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Very nice indeed, what a great idea!  :16:

TrekMD

Yes it is!  I just added the ROM.  I had forgotten to upload it.  :)  Cybearg is considering making this into a cart as well.  If anyone is interested in seeing this as a cart, please post that here. 

TL

TrekMD

That's cool.  Well, I invited Cybearg to join RVG and I saw that he just did a few moments ago. :) 

Anonymous

Yup! Thanks much for the re-post. Hopefully people enjoy the compilation.

TrekMD

Quote from: "Cybearg"Yup! Thanks much for the re-post. Hopefully people enjoy the compilation.

Welcome to RVG.  If you have a chance, introduce yourself in our Introductions forum.  :)

TrekMD

TL

Not had a chance yet, but I will do - probably tomorrow!

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"Not had a chance yet, but I will do - probably tomorrow!

Cool.  It's a nice compilation, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  :)

TrekMD

This is cool, the folks from RetroCollect have posted an article about Piñata:  5-in-1 Atari 2600 Homebrew Compilation 'Piñata' Released.

TrekMD

This game is now available for purchase from the Atari Age store:  Piñata.  Here is a video of the games in action:

[align=center:2y6fagdd]Piñata - Atari 2600 Homebrew[/align:2y6fagdd]

TrekMD

The compilation cart for this game will no longer be available; however, Cybearg has made the binaries from the cart available as a free download.  Just go to the first post on the original thread (link in the first post here) to get them.  These are fun games, so give them a spin! 

Greyfox

Wow, very impressive for the limitations of the machine.