Author Topic: The GBA thread  (Read 18363 times)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The GBA thread
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2016, 20:43:36 PM »
OK, so we had the hidden gems from Metal Jesus.  How about the top 10 titles for the GBA?  Let's have a look...

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2019, 21:43:21 PM »
The guys from GameSack have a look at the GameBoy Advance.  Nice video to check out...

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline davyk

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2021, 09:56:14 AM »
Bought a clutch of GBA games this week. I have an SP but I don't use it that much. I've used the GBA Player in Gamecube more often. The SP is a nice handheld but it's frontlit so while it's usable it isn't as good as a backlit. The SP backlit revision is very hard to find.

I'm not a massive fan of handheld gaming anyhow. I only got the SP to play Pacman Vs in the first place.

The stars of the batch of games I picked up are Kuru Kuru Kururin and Kururin Paradise. These are delightfully weird and Japanese but are super tough. I have the GC version of this game which is JP only but the GBA games are far tougher. Anyone play these? You navigate a rotating stick through 2D mazes and it is extremely tricky.

Next is Pinball of the Dead which looks to be an absolute gem of a game. Has 3 tables and a great soundtrack and the pinball genre has been really well implemented on this relatively limited platform.

Also got Game & Watch Gallery which is a clutch of the old school LCD handhelds with features I like such as highscore tracking etc. You can play a recreation of the LCD display or with enhanced graphics. Looking forward to diving deep into this to see all the fan service.

Finally - also got Columns Crown which is tailor made for handheld gaming. A very nice implementation of this old puzzler with a selection of pleasing modes and a campaign mode.

I already have a Castlevania game and Mario Kart. Getting these has prompted me to get into those games too.

Offline onthinice

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2021, 23:36:01 PM »
Never played any of the games you mentioned but all seem interesting.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2021, 00:03:19 AM »
Pinball of the Dead is a fab game, one of the best on the GBA for me.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal