The Nintendo Game Boy Discussion Thread

Started by TrekMD, September 22, 2013, 03:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthinice

Quote from: "The Laird"My brother had a GameBoy when we were growing up, this was one of my favourite games on it:

Great Gameboy Games - Motocross Maniacs

I have Motocross Maniacs 2 for the GBC. Made by Konami. I really enjoy it.

Fin

Quote from: "The Laird"My brother had a GameBoy when we were growing up, this was one of my favourite games on it:

Great Gameboy Games - Motocross Maniacs

I did have it and recently picked up a copy, as before i really aren't a fan, i found the physics aren't anything to write home about and the graphics too. May have missed something

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "onthinice"I sometimes get confused about GB and GBC games. Some Pokémon games were considered GB and some GBC. Was Metroid II a GameBoy title or GameBoyColor?

In the bigger picture it does not matter. GB games will play on a GBC. Except for the original Road Rash.

Here's what appears to be a list of all GBC commercial game releases including details of GB b/c -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_Boy_Color_games
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

onthinice

Quote from: "DreamcastRIP"
Quote from: "onthinice"I sometimes get confused about GB and GBC games. Some Pokémon games were considered GB and some GBC. Was Metroid II a GameBoy title or GameBoyColor?

In the bigger picture it does not matter. GB games will play on a GBC. Except for the original Road Rash.

Here's what appears to be a list of all GBC commercial game releases including details of GB b/c -

Great info, DC!  :113:

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "onthinice"
Quote from: "DreamcastRIP"

Great info, DC!  :4:
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

onthinice

Russian leader Putin smiles like that as well. What are you up to? :78:

TL

TrekMD

It's ironic that the GameBoy got a port of Double Dragon that was better than the port for the NES! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

It is easy to see why the GameBoy was a success. Being able to play hit games on the go with excellent battery life.

zapiy

Quote from: "The Laird"These were both great games on the GameBoy, far better than many of the other home versions!

Gameboy Game: Double Dragon (1988 Tradewest, Inc.)

Gameboy Game - Double Dragon II (1991 Acclaim Entertainment)

They look brilliant, going to attempt to pick them up now..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I remember seeing this printer accessory for the GameBoy advertised.  Did anyone get it?  How about the camera?

[align=center:2vzgmy8v]GAME BOY BOOSTER, PRINTER AND CAMERA REVIEW[/align:2vzgmy8v]

Rogue Trooper

Good friend of mine who knew i A)Loved Retro and B)Did'nt have a GB...bought me a GB that had the Camera+Printer with it.

The GB i've used all of 4 times (to try and play Alien III and T2) but cannot get a good enough picture (that LCD screen is an abomination) and the camera+printer, never even tried.

TrekMD

Well, it seems that it is just for fun.  Clearly the guy making the video had some making the demonstration.  :)

dcultrapro

I know its technically not an original gameboy but I now have a gameboy colour, I have Tetris, the first two Mario Worlds and a couple other good games which I'm liking, I just don't think I could honestly ever enjoy playing the original green screen one personally. I did play it when I was younger and I always ended up going back to my Game Gear, that's just me, but the Colour is pretty nice and the batteries just REFUSE to die lol
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Another GameBoy game that I thought was excellent is Dragon's Lair. It actually bares little resemblance to any other game in the series and this is because it is actually a conversion of the Spectrum platformer Roller Coaster. Elite simply changed some of the graphics but otherwise the game is the same. It's quite hard but worth persevering with and some of the graphics are superb.

Dragon's Lair Completed Game Boy