The Sony PSP Thread

Started by Rogue Trooper, September 21, 2013, 20:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I have exactly one movie for my PSP  :21:

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

tomwaits

I have 4 or 5 UMDs that I bought when they were on clearance for $1/$2. No movies, just animated shorts and concert films. The shortsplay compilations have some interesting shorts and I don't think they were ever released on DVD.

TrekMD

Some of the UMDs I have are music videos.  I have two for Michael Jackson. 

Fin

Its a shame UMD came out so late, the shield on the disc just makes them kick ass. Anyone know their capacity?

TrekMD

Quote from: "Fin"Its a shame UMD came out so late, the shield on the disc just makes them kick ass. Anyone know their capacity?

According to Wikipedia:  Maximum capacity: 1.80 GB (dual layer), 900 MB (single-layer)

Fin

TrekMD

TL

TrekMD

Out of all those games he mentioned, I only have Ultimate Ghost'N Goblins.  Mach actually look interesting! 

TrekMD

Time to revive this thread.  I was looking at Metal Jesus videos and found this retrospective look of the PSP...

[align=center:e064iibr]Sony PSP Retrospective[/align:e064iibr]

onthinice

Both good videos on the PSP. I recently beat Lunar on the PSP. Different enough from the Sega CD version to make it worth playing.

I do not own any of those 10 ten games. Must make me a fringe PSP player. :21:

TrekMD

I only have 4 of the games he included on the video.  Mind you that I have a large library for my PSP!  Mine is a PSP 1001, so I'm thinking of getting a 2001 model so I can play on my TV.  That would be awesome.

onthinice

I think the PSP would look great on a bigger screen. Hey, 4 out of 10 makes you a PSP player in good standing. LOL.

You have an amazing collection of PSP games TrekMD and that only helps to show how massive the game support was for this handheld. Glad Sony supported it as long as they did.

Shadowrunner

I have a PSP that can connect to a TV, and the cable to do so. I tried it once and thought the picture looked terrible blown up on the big screen! I only tried a couple games and then quickly turned it off, so it's possible some games look better then others, or maye there's settings that can be changed to improve the picture, but I wasn't impressed. Maybe others have had better success but I wouldn't recommend buying another system just for that feature. Just my two cents  :)

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I have a PSP that can connect to a TV, and the cable to do so. I tried it once and thought the picture looked terrible blown up on the big screen! I only tried a couple games and then quickly turned it off, so it's possible some games look better then others, or maye there's settings that can be changed to improve the picture, but I wasn't impressed. Maybe others have had better success but I wouldn't recommend buying another system just for that feature. Just my two cents  :)

Good to know.  Thanks.