The Sony PSP Thread

Started by Rogue Trooper, September 21, 2013, 20:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyfox

Quote from: "The Laird"PLynx is what the PSP port of Handy is called.

Sound can not be adjusted, Handy just doesn't emulate the Mikey chip properly. It's just as as bad on a PC.

It's a shame that Handy was never developed further as I am sure these issues could be sorted out eventually.

No mate you wrong again, the PSP release of Handy I'm using is Handy 0.95 not PLynx

link for it Here and was created Akop Karpetyan,  the emulator you have mention is not it, Plynx sub seeded this one by a year previous in 2006 ported by Plynx himself but discounted it some time ago, the handy Lynx emulator for the PSP is documented here for what's in and what's not over Here

TL

Quote from: "Greyfox"
Quote from: "The Laird"PLynx is what the PSP port of Handy is called.

Sound can not be adjusted, Handy just doesn't emulate the Mikey chip properly. It's just as as bad on a PC.

It's a shame that Handy was never developed further as I am sure these issues could be sorted out eventually.

No mate you wrong again, the PSP release of Handy I'm using is Handy 0.95 not PLynx

link for it Here and was created Akop Karpetyan,  the emulator you have mention is not it, Plynx sub seeded this one by a year previous in 2006 ported by Plynx himself but discounted it some time ago, the handy Lynx emulator for the PSP is documented here for what's in and what's not over Here

PLynx was a port of Handy, I know, I have used it. Newer versions or not they are still all derived from the PC version of Handy. And as I said, Handy is still a long way from perfect on a PC and so likewise on the PSP, especially the sound.

There is no accurate Lynx emulator out there for any platform right now. Real hardware all the way here.

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"There is no accurate Lynx emulator out there for any platform right now. Real hardware all the way here.

This is why video of Lynx games posted on YouTube is sometimes messed up.  It's done using emulation and it just doesn't work right. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Greyfox

lol..of course as you said..real hardware is the way to go period!

the PSP emu of handy is a far more enhanced and improved on version of the old and out of date Plynx, is why i mentioned it, but owners of real hardware of course the emu will not compare to it, but for those of us who at one stage had one and no longer do now, well it's a little trip down memory lane none the less, we'll except this glitches..

Fin

lol a PSP thread all about Atari :)

So my favorite psp game... cant quiet decided between  FFVII advent children or GTA Liberty City stories or Little Big Planet.

I have recently got Lemmings but have yet to play it.

What else should i be looking out for?

Greyfox

Quote from: "FinMK"lol a PSP thread all about Atari :)

So my favorite psp game... cant quiet decided between  FFVII advent children or GTA Liberty City stories or Little Big Planet.

I have recently got Lemmings but have yet to play it.

What else should i be looking out for?

Little big Planet never came out on the PSP, only on the PSP Vita wasn't it?, but for me

God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta and Metal Gear Solid : Peace Walker, really showed that the PSP was as powerful as a PS2 in your hand, stupidly badly marketed and promoted, this was the hand held of choice for serious gamers, even now it's still great, but Sony screwed it up as they have more or less with the Vita, and I won't mention the PS1 emulation on it, another reason to own a CFW PSP!.

Fin

Little Big Planet definately hit the psp, pretty late though.

Little Big Planet PSP Gameplay

Gonna have to google god of war

TrekMD

Quote from: "FinMK"What else should i be looking out for?

Check out the Metal Jesus videos I posted.  He has some good recommendations there.  One that I've enjoyed playing is Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. 

[align=center:16k5g9uq]Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP) trailer [High Quality][/align:16k5g9uq]

HomerRamone2084

so.. after my post i thought id look into it. First step is putting a custom firmware on there - its a real old Jap PSP so thats dead easy to do apparently... If I only knew where my charger was. Doh.

zapiy

It is dead easy pal, and well worth it too..

I never purchased many games for the PSP.. Like GF said, most games i dont know exsist on the bloody thing.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

He has a ton of cheap PSP games in the shop down the road guys.

Fin

Sounds like i'm off to Dunstable at the end of the month :)

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Just watched this video from Metal Jesus looking at UMD movies for the PSP.  Does anyone collect these?  I actually have several that I got cheap ($5 or less). 

[align=center:26bq53dz]PSP UMD Movies - Who Collects These?![/align:26bq53dz]

Shadowrunner

I have exactly one movie for my PSP  :21: National Treasure 2 and it came with the system when I bought it. I've seen a lot of really cheap ones for sale but knew I would never watch them so never bothered buying anymore.