Hullo!

Started by guest4832, September 26, 2013, 15:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest4832

Potted bio: I'm a musician, artist, former software engineer, and general layabout in my early 40s, originally from Southampton but now inexplicably live near Doncaster.

I've dabbled in collecting for years, acquiring and disposing of the odd console here or there but never really amassing anything of note, but I've finally got the space and time to take it a little more seriously. Small beans at the moment -- a dozen consoles and 100-odd games -- but you've got to start somewhere! Mostly I'm collecting stuff I want to actually play (the whole "buying mint-in-box games that you'll never play" thing baffles me) which means some consoles are getting more love than others, but hopefully I'll eventually have a pretty good cross section of games across all platforms. I probably won't say much around here, but occasionally I'll pipe up and be argumentative about something or other...

Shadowrunner

Welcome  :)  Nice pic, we  have quite a few Dreamcast fans here, myself included!

guest4832

Well it goes without saying that it's the greatest console EVAR!

Greyfox

Hiya fella, and welcome to the forum, sad to hear you won't be joining in to say much , some great guru's here and a great place to discuss or be informed by our elite :)

DreamcastRIP

Welcome to RVG, ElB.  :101:

P.S. Is your username in tribute to the 'glory days' of Electronics Boutique?  :4:
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

guest4832

Quote from: "DreamcastRIP"P.S. Is your username in tribute to the 'glory days' of Electronics Boutique?  :4:
It's unrelated, and a long and convoluted story that will mean nothing to anyone. :) I'd forgotten all about Electronics Boutique to be honest; The Wikipedias tell me they're now merged with GameStop, but I've not seen one since I lived in Florida in the late 80s/early 90s...

TL

Quote from: "ElB"...occasionally I'll pipe up and be argumentative about something or other...

Oi! That is DreamcastRIP's job round here!  :6:

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "ElB"
Quote from: "DreamcastRIP"P.S. Is your username in tribute to the 'glory days' of Electronics Boutique?  :4:
It's unrelated, and a long and convoluted story that will mean nothing to anyone. :4:

Argument Clinic

:21:
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

zapiy

Welcome aboard fella..

How did you find us?

Take a look at our interviews and reviews areas.. Makes for some great reading.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

DZ-Jay

Welcome, fella!!! It's always nice to get new people into these parts, if only to have fresh meat to pick on. :lol:

Just kidding! I hope you enjoy the forum and the community, and I hope that the Intellivision is one of those consoles you dedicate more time to--there, I've said it. ;)

Cheers!
    -dZ.

onthinice

Hello and Welcome!

Fin

yet another welcome Mr!

Cryptic33

Ah-hoy!

Welcome to the forum that impresses. I did run a thread about nic's but you are not obliged to divulge if you prefer short and sweet posts. Greyfox is quite right about the elite here, himself included. Great bunch of enthusiasts with a wealth of knowledge. Hope to see you around, have fun!
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks