Most expensive game in your collection

Started by Fin, September 08, 2013, 12:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fin

Given the insane prices some games go for, i was curious what the most anyone has paid for a game. I'm hardly going to win this one having paid £14.99 for Zelda on SNES....but its a starter for 10!

TL

The most I have paid for a game was probably Worms on the Jaguar, that was £49.99.

I have stuff in my collection though that is worth close to £1000.

zapiy

The most I paid for a game was Forza 4 special edition £59.99

Previous was.

Madden in N64 £55
AVP on Jaguar £55 from Telegames.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Quote from: "zapiy"The most I paid for a game was Forza 4 special edition £59.99

Previous was.

Madden in N64 £55
AVP on Jaguar £55 from Telegames.

That reminds me actually, I did pay £55 for several Jaguar games by Telegames back in the day.

64bitRuss

Definitely Battlesphere Gold for my Jag. Next is probably MUSHA for the Genesis and a bunch of +$100 games. Battlesphere was the only one I paid alot for, the others were bought cheap.

TrekMD

The most expensive game in my collection has to be Battlesphere Gold for my Jaguar but my most expensive item is the Vectrex 3D Imager. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

DreamcastRIP

Probably the £90 or so that I paid for the Samba de Amigo (DC) game plus maracas set -

Other games that I own which I spent a fair amount on would include the likes of,

Castlevania: SotN (PS, PAL)
Cosmic Smash (DC, NTSC-J)
GORF (Jag CD)
Ikaruga (DC)
Judgement Silversword (WonderSwan)
MadBodies (Jag)
Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn, PAL)
Segagaga (DC)
Snatcher (MCD, PAL)
Space Channel 5 Pt. 2 (PS2, PAL)
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Alberto 2K

Battlesphere Gold (Jaguar) and Garou MOTW (jap AES), I paid almost the same for both. Both are works of art and cost more now so I don't regret. :)
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

Shadowrunner

Gorf for the Jaguar is the only game I own that I really paid a lot for.
I also have a few other rare games like Lucienne's Quest for the 3DO, Suikoden 2 for the PS1, and the recently purchased Beggar Prince for the Sega Genesis/MD.

Alberto 2K

I would like to have Gorf someday but paying enormous sums for a CD game is not for me, if it were in a cart things might be different...

Beggar Prince is also nice, I checked its prices some months ago and I was surprised about how much money it costs!
Also looked for Shadowrun as I rented it on the SNES when I was a kid and enjoyed it a lot but it's also too expensive... RPGs increased its value a lot, there are too many people after them.

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "Alberto 2K"I would like to have Gorf someday but paying enormous sums for a CD game is not for me, if it were in a cart things might be different...

Beggar Prince is also nice, I checked its prices some months ago and I was surprised about how much money it costs!
Also looked for Shadowrun as I rented it on the SNES when I was a kid and enjoyed it a lot but it's also too expensive... RPGs increased its value a lot, there are too many people after them.

I got a pretty good deal on Beggar Prince but it can be a little pricey. I have the Genesis version of Shadowrun and have been looking for the SNES version but good condition complete copies are definitely too expensive! Hopefully a deal comes along some day.

Alberto 2K

As you say a CIB SNES Shadowrun costs pretty penny!

Do you know if the Genesis version works in a PAL console? I've never seen it in PAL version... If so I would buy it for sure. :)

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "Alberto 2K"As you say a CIB SNES Shadowrun costs pretty penny!

Do you know if the Genesis version works in a PAL console? I've never seen it in PAL version... If so I would buy it for sure. :)

Vyothric

Back in the day some of my games cost me £40. Never went higher than that.

In recent years the most I've spent on a game is £32 for Conker's Bad Fur Day (boxed in good condition).

Fin

Quote from: "Vyothric"In recent years the most I've spent on a game is £32 for Conker's Bad Fur Day (boxed in good condition).

Awesome, that is perfectly justified and understandable. i really have to get that game!