8189 Block Sega Mega CD Backup RAM Cart Now Available

Started by Greyfox, September 07, 2013, 13:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyfox

For all you Sega Mega-Drive techies, If you're an avid Mega CD gamer, then without a doubt you've faced the cumbersome task of managing your save files and deciding what goes where on the minuscule memory provided by Sega. As of now though your save games worries can float away, as one talented retro gamer has manufactured an unofficial Sega Mega CD Backup RAM Cart.

The huge draw to this homemade offering is that when compared with the Mega CD's on-board memory (125 blocks) it offers a huge 65 times more storage capacity for your precious data to reside. While this serious drawback to the console's hardware was originally rectified by Sega back in the day with their official Backup RAM cart, Sega's cartridge solution only offered 2045 blocks of space - something which also seems pale in comparison to this brand new 8189 block juggernaut.

The creator of this must-have RAM Cartridge is currently selling his backup solution via eBay for those interested. At the time of writing this expansive unofficial Sega CD Backup RAM Cartridge offering plenty of available space can be had for a mere $40, not including shipping.

Given that Shining Force CD's save files take up a massive 125 blocks each, we very much recommend you look into securing one of these cartridges before it's too late.

Visit them on Ebay here : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sega-CD-Mega-CD-Backup-RAM-Cart-Memory-Card-512KB-8189-blocks-/111157013880?clk_rvr_id=518099159636

onthinice

Thanks, Greyfox!!!!

I have the official Sega CD back-up cart. Playing a lot of Lunar, Lunar II and Vay really made me shuffle saves even with the extra memory.

Finally after all these years someone has heard the complaints.

Thanks! :113:

Shadowrunner

zapiy

Great idea to be fair.. Might have to grab me one of them.. :113:

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC