Kickstarter Opens To Fund Sequel To Sega Mega Drive / Genesi

Started by Greyfox, September 07, 2013, 13:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyfox

[align=center:1xrek3wm][/align:1xrek3wm]
Before forming studio Game Refuge Inc, Brian Colin was best known for his arcade hits Rampage and Arch Rivals whilst working at Midway. One of his more notable releases was General Chaos on the Sega Mega Drive, a quick and dirty war strategy title which could put any friendship on the line. As of today, nearly twenty years later, Colin has decided to revisit his back catalogue and look towards crowdfunding to help grant the dormant military title the sequel it deserves.

If you weren't lucky enough to experience General Chaos back in the day, it's a 16-bit collection of mayhem in which you must command your troops with the aim of capturing the enemy's city. Each and every in-game animation features humorous poses and the gameplay itself will have you chuckling too. What makes this even better is that it's still a relatively cheap title on eBay and one which no collector should be without.

Brian Colin now wants to return to General Chaos and make the most of modern platforms and technology - a dream he believes can come true thanks to the arrival of internet connections, a lack of memory limitations and 3D environments. General Chaos II: Sons of Chaos, should it meet its funding goal, will become the long-awaited sequel fans of the original have been waiting for.

But enough from us, we'll leave you in Colin's hands - just don't forget to salute him.

check out the Kickstarter page here : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/388449021/general-chaos-ii-sons-of-chaos

Information Source : Retro Collect

onthinice

I remember playing General Chaos. Great two player game.

I wish them the best! A sequel has been long over due.

TrekMD

Pretty cool!  I'm checking this out.  :)  I went ahead and replaced the image because the folks from RetroCollect block links to images they post. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...