Gizmondo

Started by zapiy, January 29, 2011, 15:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaJay

Quote from: "zapiy"What's the remote display software?
It's Microsofts own software that when used with Active Sync (connect your Giz to your PC with USB cable) it displays the Gizmondo display on your computer screen, but the screen update isn't fast enough for video, but the images on my site were all taken through this software.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TL

When I was in Aldershot for Video Game Carnival last weekend I visited Kart Klub as usual and was surprised to see that they had about 15 odd mint and boxed Gizmondo game in the display cabinet!  :o

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Quote from: "zapiy"How much were they?

I didn't look  :-[

I was really hungover

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "tomwaits"I really like P.O.D. on the Gizmondo: POD: Point Of Destruction on Gizmondo

It's a trippy descendant of Targ, Millipede, and Space Invaders. If you like arcade classics, it's worth getting a cheap system just to play that game...

^ This!

P.O.D. Point Of Destruction is pure retro gaming goodness. A fabulous little game.
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

TL

I just found about this game today, the unreleased Colors for the Gizmondo. It's basically a 3D Grand Theft Auto style game and looks incredible, I can't believe this was never released - it would  have been a real system seller:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrhtUJIN1Q8

AmigaJay

Yeah Colors was in development as long as the Gizmondo was! It's a good game, albeit slightly cut down from what they were gonna do, the GPRS multiplayer and GPS parts were cut due to Tiger Telematics going under, but it has big maps and great graphics, I have a review on my site of what I thought of it.
As you say, it's a shame as this next batch of games from Colors onwards would have made people sit up and notice it more.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Its an awesome game, been playing recently...

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

AmigaJay

Uploaded some old vids I did last year of Giz games in action, to my youtube channel you may have noticed or not! I didn't have time to add annotates so there's no comments!

zapiy

Please see our dedicated Gizmondo page.. More coming soon.