Author Topic: Exclusive or games that hit Amiga 1st  (Read 2221 times)

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
Exclusive or games that hit Amiga 1st
« on: June 15, 2013, 09:59:19 AM »
Seeing the chatbox today about people not remembering what exclusive games the Amiga had I'd thought I'd post this list I've had for a while, going on research and interviews with the developers, so there may be the odd error.

Games made for or released first on Amiga computers then ported or released later on other formats.

Alien Breed Series
Another World
Battlechess
Battle Squadron
Bubble and squeak
Cannon Fodder 1,2
Chaos Engine
Combat Air Patrol
Defender of the crown
Diggers
Fire & Ice
First Samurai
Flashback
Flight of the amazon queen
Genesia
Hired Guns
Hunter
It came from the desert
Jaguar xj220
James Pond
James Pond 2 -  Robocod
Jim Power
Leander
Lemmings
Lemmings 2
Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge 2
Lotus 3
Mega-lo-mania
Microprose F1-GP
Moonstone
Pinball Dreams
Pinball Fantasies
Pinball Illusions
Populous
Populous 2
Putty
Project-X
Risky Woods
Second Samurai
Sensible Golf
Sensible Soccer Series
Settlers, The
Shadow Of The Beast Series
Skidmarks
Slam Tilt
Soccer Kid
Superfrog
Super Stardust
Turrican 3 - port of MD game actually released first.
Wings
Worms
Yo! Joe!
Zool
Zool 2

Amiga Exclusives games

Agony
Alien breed 3d , 2
All Terrain Racing
Amnios
Apidya
Arabian nights
Armour Geddon 2
Assassin
Banshee
Benefactor
Bills tomato game
Blob
Bobs bad day
Breathless
Brian the lion
Bump n burn
Chaos Engine 2
Disposable Hero
Donk!
Dragonstone
Elfmania
F/A-18 Interceptor
Fightin Spirit
Globdule
Gloom Series
Guardian
Heroquest 2
K240
Kid Chaos
Liberation captive 2
Lionheart
Naughty Ones
Roadkill
Ruff N Tumble
Shadow Fighter
Sixth Sense Investigations
Uridium 2
Virocop
Walker
Worms the directors cut
Zeewolf 1, 2

Obviously there's a lot more but alot of games are shite that aren't worth mentioning and I haven't had time to go through more.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Offline Vyothric

• View Profile
    • http://www.diffusedion.co.uk
Re: Exclusive or games that hit Amiga 1st
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 17:13:21 PM »
Still nothing much that jumps out at me from the exclusives list. There's Agony and Apidya then Ruff n Tumble which would be good if it wasn't so difficult.

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 18:34:32 PM »
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Offline Vyothric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 20:23:05 PM »
Even if that was relevant (which it isn't), I can still think of more pre-1993 PC exclusives that I would rather play like Commander Keen 1-6, Crystal Caves, Duke Nukem, Galactix, Monuments of Mars etc.

[size=40]If I had a pound for every time an Amiga fanboy mentioned 1993....[/size]

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 21:47:55 PM »
Each to their own but most of those are overrated imo too, something remembered by PC fans as their exclusive games, played them on dosbox wasn't impressed at all.

Btw I mentioned 1993 because even though yes I do prefer Amiga computers I do know that's when Commodore started to go downhill when they released a sub par chipset instead of the Intended aaa one and only 020 CPU wasn't enough to push 3d around' this is why it's mentioned, as I said above there wasnt good engh reasons to buy a PC imo.

[size=80]If I had a pound for every time Commander Keen or Jazz Jackrabbit were mentioned...[/size]

Offline Vyothric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 22:47:29 PM »
I wouldn't call myself a PC fan, just a fan of gaming. I have an Amiga 1200, Atari ST, 2600, Dreamcast, Saturn, SNES, Mega Drive, C64, Jaguar, NES, PS1, 3DO, CD-i, Game Gear, GameBoy, N64, Mega CD, 32x, 130XE, BBC Master, ZX Spectum, Master System. Almost all of which are currently set up.

Also completed 38 non-PC games so far this year and I don't have "PC" in my username  :P

Offline Bobinator

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 02:51:56 AM »
Eh, personally, I'd say once... let's say, 1992, rolled around, the PC was pretty much capable of doing anything the Amiga could, if not better. 256 color graphics, .mod support, and all that. I'd also say that One Must Fall was a better fighting game than a lot of fighters on the Amiga, mostly because the controls worked SO much better.

Buuuuut, since this thread isn't really about that (we really do need a thread on this), I will say that it's a shame that so many games ended up being Amiga exclusive. I mean, sure, we got the occasional exception, like Chaos Engine/Soldiers of Fortune, but keeping them exclusive like that must have cut out a HUGE potential market.

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 20:44:40 PM »
Quote from: "Bobinator"
Eh, personally, I'd say once... let's say, 1992, rolled around, the PC was pretty much capable of doing anything the Amiga could, if not better. 256 color graphics, .mod support, and all that. I'd also say that One Must Fall was a better fighting game than a lot of fighters on the Amiga, mostly because the controls worked SO much better.

Buuuuut, since this thread isn't really about that (we really do need a thread on this), I will say that it's a shame that so many games ended up being Amiga exclusive. I mean, sure, we got the occasional exception, like Chaos Engine/Soldiers of Fortune, but keeping them exclusive like that must have cut out a HUGE potential market.
Must have missed this post.
I agree the PC could do most stuff the Amiga could by 1992...only if you upgraded your 1985 PC. ;-). But then so could an A4000 do what a 1992 PC could with 060 more ram hdd etc  http://youtu.be/eUv0jSYRBZo. but the devs just programmed for the cheap models..apples and pears and all that!..but thats another thread!
The Amiga exclusive games were never deals, Commodore never worked like that, it just happened if the game was big on the Amiga it had a good chance of being ported to Pc and consoles. (Which happened ALOT) as just some of the games above shows.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 18:24:19 PM »
Its an amazing list of games to be fair, i never go into PC gaming until recently (circa 5 years) so i can not compare the two.. For me the Amiga was and always will be the defining gaming computer when i was a child but i do give Kudos to those other systems around at the time.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 16:52:13 PM »
I think i need to create some youtube videos with these exclusives in,
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk