New Atari 2600 Homebrew - Ms. Snake!

Started by TrekMD, August 31, 2013, 21:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Atari Age user mad4j decided that he wanted to bring an updated version of Snake to the 2600, so he has developed Ms. Snake.  The game has a title screen and a game over screen and he's currently working on adding a high score screen as well.  Here are some pictures of the game.  The current binaries can be found below (PAL and NTSC).  The original Atari Age thread discussing the game can be found here:  Ms Snake! is coming.  If anyone has any constructive feedback, feel free to share it.  :)

[align=center:22levnaa]

[/align:22levnaa]

[align=center:22levnaa][size=80]Posted with permission from mad4j.[/size][/align:22levnaa]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Erm . . . . .

Nice title screen.

Will need to add a bit more to this to make it interesting enough to play. Snake is a very basic game indeed.

TrekMD

I've made a couple of suggestions to him about the game. 

TrekMD

Here is an update:

Hello!
a new release of Ms Snake! and few questions.

In this release:
1. High scores
2. Animated title screen
3. Support for NTSC and PAL (use BW/Col switch)

Then two questions for forum gurus:
1. Using the 96x2 minikernel, I'm getting flickering and wavy lines. Am I doing something wrong?
2. Is there some dirty hack that made possible to draw the first and the last columns of the play fields with different colors?
    It will be very cute if border and snake may have a different color (but, of course, they are both rendered using playfield pixels)

Thanks to all for compliments and suggestions.

Daniele

TrekMD

Ms. Snake! continues to be updated.  I'm attaching the latest binaries.  Here is label art as well!

[align=center:1qbd15m3][/align:1qbd15m3]

onthinice

I like the label, it has an old school look. Very Nice!

sloan

Was there a game called Snake for VCS BITD? I remember Sssnake by Data Age being a real stinker though. Maybe this game will be promising?

TrekMD

It's the same basic concept but it is still being worked on.  Even though it is a simple game, it can be addicting.