Portable Jaguar

Started by TrekMD, August 31, 2013, 02:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Though this is not exactly new, I thought it would be cool to share that it had been done since we've seen portable versions of other Atari hardware.  Definitely another wonder!  Details of how it was made can be found here:  Portable Atari Jaguar.

[align=center:1yufgnk7][/align:1yufgnk7]

[align=center:1yufgnk7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKiV2qoE-vo&feature=player_embedded#t=0[/align:1yufgnk7]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

I would love to have one of those!  8)

AmigaJay

What's the battery life!?
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TrekMD

Quote from: "AmigaJay"What's the battery life!?

That's a good question and I have no idea!

Alberto 2K

It's a very cool mod and also beautiful, I would also love to have one of these or at least to try it. :)

Just hope it doesn't use batteries, it would be a true Lynx succesor!
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

TrekMD

Quote from: "Alberto 2K"Just hope it doesn't use batteries, it would be a true Lynx succesor!

:21:

Spector

I've asked this very question to the developers regarding batteries, and they have confirmed to me that it takes sixteen "AA" batteries for at least two hours of unbroken play! You can also use a solar powered back pack to charge it up, easily carried over the shoulder, like this one:

PORTABLE GAMING IS BACK!!
DEATH TO SUGAR

TrekMD

Alberto 2K

Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

TrekMD

Quote from: "Alberto 2K"16 AA batteries!!!! :21:

:24:

64bitRuss

Meh, I'm kind of conflicted. It's a neato idea, but a perfectly good Jaguar was sacrificed for that hack job.

64bitRuss

Quote from: "Spector"I've asked this very question to the developers regarding batteries, and they have confirmed to me that it takes sixteen "AA" batteries for at least two hours of unbroken play! You can also use a solar powered back pack to charge it up, easily carried over the shoulder, like this one:

PORTABLE GAMING IS BACK!!

I'm sure you're joking right because if you follow the link in the OP, the craftsman clearly installs a large lithium-ion battery pack inside the casing. lol

Cryptic33

Where did he learn to fly :33: (<-- interesting how this emoticon is numbered 33)
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

zapiy

That is pretty damn awesome.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC