Hello All From A Loud Mouth

Started by triverse, August 29, 2013, 02:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triverse

I am a newb here on the Retro Video Gamer forums, I come here from the Nintendo Age forums where I met TrekMD who referred me here.

Anyhow, I am 37 years old, own and operate a public relations company (Scenic 7 PR) and have worked with everyone from Bill Kunkel (father of video game magazines) to Nolan Bushnell and Ralph Baer (take your pick as to which is the father of video games) to Tommy Tallarico (musician that rocks the controller) to podcasts such as The Retro League, Classic L337 and more.  Through my PR company, I also work with various former military personnel that offer self defense firearms training, movie makers and musicians and even a few national car manufacturers (national to the United States).

I live in Arkansas, for those that do not know where that is, find the Gulf of Mexico and go North till you see the state that looks like a belt buckle.  That is Arkansas.

I am a big gamer from way back, some of my earliest memories are playing Maze Craze with my father (who had horrible arthritis) and picking out games from the local Sears ad in the newspaper.  I played up through the years on both computers (Commodore 64, Color Computer II as much as you could game on it, etc) and consoles such as the Nintendo NES, Genesis, TG-16 (though never owned a Duo but I wanted to) on up to Android (JXD import devices) and iOS.  I stopped home console playing at the Dreamcast though I did get a PS2 with 50 games for Christmas 2009 (though it sits in my closet collecting dust).

I run a couple of gaming sites, Gaming on Batteries, Gaming on Nintendo and Gaming on Sony (see a pattern yet?) and Hyper Focused Media and assist with promotional stuff for Out of Print Archive (a legal resource for gaming magazines- mostly from the UK).  My crowning achievement with OoPA was to bring in both Electronic Gaming Monthly and Gamefan Magazine as clients that we restored content for (though they withheld permission to release any of it, preferring to charge for that content unlike the UK publishers).  I am currently working on bringing other North American publishers around to the UK way of thinking about their old magazines- though I had nothing to do with bringing them in, OoPA works with people like Roger Kean and others.

I attempted to launch a magazine with Gaming on Batteries (we made it to issue #3) but it failed miserably.  The lessons learned taught me and the team a lot of valuable information which we are putting into a new reboot of the reboot of another magazine (going to put that info in the appropriate section here). 

I am pretty much an open book.  I have had stalkers that have called me at 3 in the morning and I carried on discussions with them for hours, been dragged over the coals for points of view I have had in the past (magazine preservation is pretty rough) and have had the chance to work with many of my childhood heroes (Peter Cullen will always be Optimus in my eyes).

If you have any questions, just ask, I am not shy, nor quiet about things.  I am not confrontational by any means though I have been the lightening rod more than once for controversy.

I am glad to be a member here and hope to be able to spur some discussions worth reading by others.

TrekMD

Hi triverse!  Thanks for joining us here at RVG!  Oh, and Peter Cullen is Optimus Prime.  There's no substitute!  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

triverse

True, he is the only Optimus.  I remember crying in the theater when I watched the movie in the late 80's.  I won't spoil it in case someone possibly, somehow, has not seen it yet.

Shadowrunner

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Welcome  :32:  :21:

After all, he did seemingly see little point in (then) current-gen gaming after Dreamcast and thought so highly of the PS2 gifted to him that he bunged it in the closet to be left gathering dust. Good man!
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Minerals

Looks like BlastOffBob has some competition.... :103:

TL

Welcome to the forum! Really good to have you here  :113:

Cryptic33

Welcome aboard Triverse (you can explain your nic in the recent topic I started :108:
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

onthinice

TrapZZ

Welcome!  My brother is a big poster at NintendoAge, his handle is JHawkZZ.  Very exciting to have you here!
Join my brother and I as we drink beer and review every US NES game ever made (the actual games on the actual hardware, not emulated).
http://www.brothernights.com