SNK Neo Geo Thread

Started by TrekMD, August 25, 2013, 22:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberto 2K

NG.com is not the Neo Geo community IMO, it may be the biggest forum but 90% of the people there only post shit and I think most of the times they're not even Neo Geo fans. I read it from time to time to see if something new is planned but never bothered to try to be part of them.

There are A LOT of people, true Neo Geo fans, who doesn't bother to post or even register there for the same reasons you guys stated.

I'm a mod at a spanish Neo Geo forum with about 170 members, all of them love this system and we never had any disrespectful post or thread there in the year and a half the web is working, people just enjoy playing and talking about the games and such.

NeoGeoforlife (UK), NeoGeoKult (France) and our forum, CulturaNeoGeo (Spain), are examples of great forums with tons of good info and good people. We are the true Neo Geo community. :3:
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

Gorf

Quote from: "64bitRuss".....which is overrun with straight up communist douchebags.

LOL! Now there's a line straight from my arsenal!  :24:

TL

I don't own a Neo Geo but have played loads of games on it and its a fine machine.

I picked up the Neo Geo Collection for the Wii sometime back and it's got a brilliant selection of games on it.

One really stood out though and took me by surprise and is now my favourite Neo Geo game:

Sengoku - NeoGeo Playthrough [1/4]

64bitRuss

Yeah Sengoku is a sweet game, and all 3 games in the series are top notch. I played Sengoku 3 an awful lot, as it had a nice combo mechanic, and it was one of the first new releases I purchased on home cart.

Alberto 2K

Great series! I only own the first one but played also the sequels, all of them are fun and the best beat em ups of the Neo Geo IMO.

I love the soundtrack and the general ambiance of the first two Sengokus, the only bad thing is the collision detection which is a bit cheap but this kind of games are made to be coin munchers so it's not susprising. :)
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

TrekMD

AUSRETROGAMER has posted an interview with Steve Riner about the Neo Geo.  Figured I'd share that here:  Interview with Steve Riner: Neo Geo Guru.

[align=center:2cb3sj0w][/align:2cb3sj0w]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

I don't think I'd ever heard of him before but it was a nice little read.
I keep thinking I want to get into the Neo Geo more, but then I look at the prices and that pretty much kills the thought!

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I don't think I'd ever heard of him before but it was a nice little read.
I keep thinking I want to get into the Neo Geo more, but then I look at the prices and that pretty much kills the thought!

Yes well, that's why I have this...

That may be the closest I'll get.

TL

TrekMD

Boy, those two look oddly similar.  ;)  It's cool they made the compilation for more than one system. 

TL

zapiy

They are brilliant indeed mate. cheers

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Quote from: "zapiy"They are brilliant indeed mate. cheers

Yeah I thought it was a really fascinating story, I think we all dreamed about owning a Neo Geo when we were kids.

TrekMD

TL