Hi

Started by avick, August 20, 2013, 10:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avick

Hi all,

I've been lurking in the shadows for a while, and thought it was about time I introduced myself.  My name is Andy and I'm from Cardiff.  I have been a video game fan for many years, but got the urge to start collecting about seven years ago.  At first, I was curious about some of the systems I had never owned as a kid, mainly of the Japanese variety, such as the PC Engine and the Neo Geo, but I found myself drawn to the Master System and it kind of exploded from there.  My current list of systems includes:

Turbo Grafx
PC Engine Duo RX
Neo Geo AES
Neo Geo CD
Neo Geo MVS (4 slot)
Neo Geo Pocket Colour
Hyper Neo 64
Wonderswan Colour
Sega Master System 1&2
Sega Megadrive 1&2
Sega Mega CD 2
Sega Game Gear
Sega Saturn (PAL, but modded)
Sega Dreamcast
NES
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
DS
3DS
Wii
Atari 2600 Jr
Atari Jaguar
Atari Lynx
Vectrex
AmigA CD32
PS 1
PS 2
PS 3
PSP
PS Vita
Xbox
Xbox 360
3DO FZ-1 & FZ-10
Amstrad GX4000
Spectrum +
Spectrum +2
Spectrum +3

I'm feeling the Jaguar love at the moment (a friend of mine bought one at launch and I remembered the wow factor of Cybemorph.  Had it for a few years now, but its been a bit neglected until recently), so I'm adding to that collection and looking out for a Jag CD.  Other than that, I'm trying to finish off my MS collection, but I'm fast running out of room and my missus is fast running out of patience!!

Anyway, enough rambling from me - awesome site with awesome content.  I need to pull my finger out and get posting.

Cheers,

Andy

Mire Mare

Hello, Andy!  That's a healthy collection you have there.  You'll fit right in here :)

Rogue Trooper

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum.

That's a mighty impressive collection there and then some.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts in the threads on here.

avick

Thanks guys.  I'm looking forward to some good banter

zapiy

Welcome aboard fella. That's a nice collection you have. Feel free to start a my collection thread in the relevant forum if you have photos of your collection. You will see some of ours there also.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

wow that's some Retro haul you have there, so you should have lots to talk about :)..have a good one

TrekMD

Hi Andy and welcome to RVG!  That is definitely a nice collection you have! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

DreamcastRIP

Welcome to the forum, avick. A fellow Amstrad GX4000 owner I see! :35:
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Shadowrunner

Hello and welcome to the site  :)

Fin

avick

Thank you all for the warm welcome - what a top community you have here.

@DreamcastRIP - yeah, although I only have burnin' rubber for it. Looked at picking a few more up, but they're a bit expensive for my liking. Especially when I see what I can get for my other systems for the same money.

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "avick"@DreamcastRIP - yeah, although I only have burnin' rubber for it. Looked at picking a few more up, but they're a bit expensive for my liking. Especially when I see what I can get for my other systems for the same money.

Save your money for those games on other systems, trust me! From having read your other post elsewhere on the forum about the GX4000 I suspect you already decided that anyway!
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

avick

Haha, yeah I guess I have!!

Cryptic33

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the site. I am also new and have been very impressed with the support and incredible knowledge here. You have certainly come to the right place. Furthermore, any fan of the Jaguar is a friend of mine 8) I look forward to your views.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

onthinice

Welcome! Great collection! :113: