Forum noob, please be nice!

Started by guest4816, August 16, 2013, 22:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest4816

Hello Retro Gamers!!

Been recommended to join up but am not overly experienced with forums so please be kind while I get the hang of it..
I was also told to introduce myself, so um, Hi everyone...

I've been gaming for about 30 years or so, and enjoy a blast on my XBox 360 as mush as I do my Spectrum.
I have about 35 different gaming formats at home which is kinda daft as I only manage about 2 or 3 hours of gaming a week these days. The hardships of starting a family :D

I write really boring introductions.

I think I spelt naieve wrong? It just looks wrong... Help?

Oh, and I am from Somerset (Though currently residing in Devon, but it's all fields and cow poo so prety much the same place)

Jonny Mutant

TrekMD

Hello Mutant and welcome to RVG!  If you're looking for discussion about the Jaguar and the Lynx, you've definitely come to the right place.  Look around the site and learn your way around.  Glad you decided to join us.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

I already like you.

Lynx = best machine ever  :4:

TL

Also - welcome to RVG

And - I used to live in Somerset!

guest4816

Somerset, it ain't so bad :)

I have been reading some of the pages on here, most intrigued about the unreleased and homebrew stuff.
I have played and owned almost every fully released Lynx game and a few demo eproms too.
But now I want to see if I can source some more as they don't pop up on ebay very often.
I did just pick up a copy of Native on Jag CD, Demo obviously and was really impressed. OK, so it was a shiny version of R-Type but sooooo wished that had been finished.

What threads should I be looking for on here regarding unreleased eproms and homebrew. What's good and what should I avoid?

TL

The best place to start would be the reviews section (see the tab at the top) I have reviewed pretty much every Jag and Lynx prototype/demo/homebrew out there!

Also these threads:

Unreleased Atari Jaguar games

Lost Lynx Games

Plus there are threads for a lot of the homebrew games in the homebrew section, you may need to do some searching though!

Don't worry about bumping any old threads if you want to ask questions, we actually encourage that sort of thing!

It is also worth nothing that more you post the more of the forum you will actually see :113:

Mire Mare

Hello!  Welcome and all that.  Nice intro.  Well, it was ok up until the mention of the Speccy.  You lost me after that 8)

Rogue Trooper

:-) You cheeky bastard.

Somerset is not the same as Devon and you damn well know it, lol.

Glad i convinced you to join up on here (took you long enough mind...grumble), you won't find a nicer Retro forum if you live to be a thousand.

So many good folk on here it's unreal and yep, Jaguar and Lynx are very popular on here.

If he's trouble guys, blame me, i twisted his arm to join   :21:

TrapZZ

Welcome!  I'm pretty new here myself and the primary reason I came was for the Jaguar and Intellivision love.  This is a great place, I spend far too much time each day here :)
Join my brother and I as we drink beer and review every US NES game ever made (the actual games on the actual hardware, not emulated).
http://www.brothernights.com

Shadowrunner

Welcome! Nice intro, sounds like you will fit in just fine  :)

DreamcastRIP

One who appreciates the true majesty of Sinclair and Atari. Very cool. :1:
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Alberto 2K

Welcome to the forum Jonny Mutant! :1:
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

onthinice

Fin

nooooooooooooooooooooo not another atari nut

:113:

zapiy

Welcome aboard fella.. Nice intro also..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC