New Elektronite Intellivision Game - Boulder Dash!

Started by TrekMD, August 16, 2013, 14:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberto 2K

Hey, you're licensing Hover Bovver from Llamasoft, cool! I only played it on an emulator and it was fun.

You made me track an Intellivision... Shame that it's a hard to find console here in Spain, at least in working condition for what I see. Also it's not a cheap machine if I import it because of the shipping costs...

If I can find one at a decent price you'll have another client. :3:

Nice to read there's not going to be limited releases so everybody can buy their copy.
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

Cryptic33

So Elektronite,

Having stated you intend to release other titles which, is great news, do you also intend to release said titles on other platforms?
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Elektronite

"Hey, you're licensing Hover Bovver from Llamasoft, cool! I only played it on an emulator and it was fun."

Yeah, it is a fun game. THIS is a game that Jeff Minter himself allowed us to do. It is nearing completion, according to the developer, and I hope to have it ready soon. It will be nice to send a copy to Jeff Minter.

"You made me track an Intellivision... Shame that it's a hard to find console here in Spain, at least in working condition for what I see. Also it's not a cheap machine if I import it because of the shipping costs...

If I can find one at a decent price you'll have another client. :3:"

Very cool! We appreciate the support! Right now, you should try and get a hold of one and buy D2K Arcade, the unofficial sequel to Nintendo's popular game.

"Nice to read there's not going to be limited releases so everybody can buy their copy."

Yes, this is our model. We are NOT limiting how many we make. It is all determined by how many people want copies. Unfortunately, this has led to some procrastination for buying. However, I have determined a way to encourage people to buy right away. We are going to have an 'introductory price' that is going to be cheaper than the price people will have to pay one month after the game comes out. So, in effect, the price will GO UP if people wait!

"So Elektronite,

Having stated you intend to release other titles which, is great news, do you also intend to release said titles on other platforms?"

We are hoping to start publishing for other platforms too in the future. I would like to see D2K ported to the NES for example, but there are some issues we have to work out. Not the mention, limited resources. However, publishing for other platforms is Classic Game Publishers' goal.

Cryptic33

Quote from: "Elektronite""So Elektronite,

Having stated you intend to release other titles which, is great news, do you also intend to release said titles on other platforms?"

We are hoping to start publishing for other platforms too in the future. I would like to see D2K ported to the NES for example, but there are some issues we have to work out. Not the mention, limited resources. However, publishing for other platforms is Classic Game Publishers' goal.
Thanks for the swift response. Just one further point: will any of the other platforms include Atari (any machine)?
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Elektronite

I would like to publish for Atari 2600.

The real question is how easy it is to make a cartridge.

Right now, we have our own cartridge that comes from the factory, ready to program.

I don't want to mess around with eproms and other nonsense.

TrekMD

Quote from: "Elektronite"Right now, we have our own cartridge that comes from the factory, ready to program.

I did not realize that.  That's very cool! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Alberto 2K

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "Elektronite"Right now, we have our own cartridge that comes from the factory, ready to program.

I did not realize that.  That's very cool!
Indeed!

Also the covers are great, beautiful just like in the old days. :)

I watched a vid of D2K, awesome work, you must be proud!!

Defender of the Crown Demo looks fantastic, it's a complex game for an Intellivision, really impressive!
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

Elektronite

The software developer of Boulder Dash has been getting up to speed on the Intellivision development kit.

He has devised the game engine and now has full sprite control and scrolling ability.

We will hopefully be able to post an attractive title screen soon.

TrekMD

Quote from: "Elektronite"The software developer of Boulder Dash has been getting up to speed on the Intellivision development kit.

He has devised the game engine and now has full sprite control and scrolling ability.

We will hopefully be able to post an attractive title screen soon.

That is great!  Thanks for the update! 

Elektronite

This is a VERY preliminary version of the Boulder Dash title screen.

I want to get it tweaked to look better.

The programmer tells me that we should have something to play by the end of November, and it should be mostly complete by February and ready to fine tune.

TrekMD

Excellent news!  For a preliminary title screen, it looks pretty good.  :)

Elektronite

This is the latest version of the Boulder Dash (R) art.

It is a work in progress and is not finished being coloured. Not all of the colours will stay the same either.

However, the box colour will probably remain pink.

TrekMD

Elektronite

This is the latest title screen for Intellivision Boulder Dash (R)

It is fully animated.