Are you taking the piss?

Started by TL, August 05, 2013, 21:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

The official thread of eBay idiots everywhere . . . .

I present the following to kick us off:
[size=140]
Donkey Kong - Atari XE
[/size]

TrekMD

$1000 for a crushed Donkey Kong for the XE?  I want what he's smoking!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

dougtitchmarsh

I was considering it, even though I don't have an XE, but the postage is $89 so it tips it over what I'd pay  :o
My retro and computing blog posts
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, 2600, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, GameGear, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, GBA, GB,  Xbox, 3DO,  WonderSwan,  NGPC, CD32, Amiga A1200, Spectrum 48k and +2, BBC B, C64

TrekMD

Quote from: "dougtitchmarsh"I was considering it, even though I don't have an XE, but the postage is $89 so it tips it over what I'd pay  :24:

onthinice

Cryptic33

TBH it makes me very angry to see such blatant extortion. There are enthusiasts out there with no idea where to look outside of eBay and such listings leaves one cold. If I won the euro lottery, I'd roll out a national education programme called something like FUeBay with T-shirts and the works ;)
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

TrekMD

Quote from: "Cryptic33"TBH it makes me very angry to see such blatant extortion. There are enthusiasts out there with no idea where to look outside of eBay and such listings leaves one cold. If I won the euro lottery, I'd roll out a national education programme called something like FUeBay with T-shirts and the works :24:

Cryptic33

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "Cryptic33"TBH it makes me very angry to see such blatant extortion. There are enthusiasts out there with no idea where to look outside of eBay and such listings leaves one cold. If I won the euro lottery, I'd roll out a national education programme called something like FUeBay with T-shirts and the works :24:
:24: I know, I know - [move:220tppji][size=140]FEEL THE PASSION BABY![/size][/move:220tppji]
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Cryptic33

I assume these people use free listing days to show off their stupidity :33:

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"And here we have our nobhead of the week . . . . .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Atari-Atlantis-Atari-2600-1982-IN-BOX-RARE-/121156421877?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c357c48f5

[align=center:12gdjp6s][/align:12gdjp6s]

dougtitchmarsh

Quote from: "The Laird"And here we have our nobhead of the week . . . . .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Atari-Atlantis-Atari-2600-1982-IN-BOX-RARE-/121156421877?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c357c48f5

I'd have bid on this but still saving for the postage on the Donkey Kong cart at the start of this thread...
My retro and computing blog posts
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, 2600, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, GameGear, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, GBA, GB,  Xbox, 3DO,  WonderSwan,  NGPC, CD32, Amiga A1200, Spectrum 48k and +2, BBC B, C64

Fin

i love the fact there is a copy with box and manual as well for £1.92 in the "People who viewed this item also viewed" sections. At least there was for me

Cryptic33

Quote from: "FinTheGeek"i love the fact there is a copy with box and manual as well for £1.92 in the "People who viewed this item also viewed" sections. At least there was for me
And that's the way the cookie crumbles ;)

TrekMD

OK, so I saw someone trying to get a NES game priced.  The title of the game is Challenge of the Dragon.  Since I like dragons and the image of the box they posted had a dragon on it, I decided to take a look at the game on YouTube.  Well, it is a POS unlicensed game based on all the reviews I saw.  So, can someone explain this price tag?!?!?  Challenge of the Dragon on Ebay

[align=center:1lg95wo9][/align:1lg95wo9]

Just for the heck of it, here's one of the reviews...

[align=center:1lg95wo9]Play it Through - Challenge of the Dragon[/align:1lg95wo9]