Are you taking the piss?

Started by TL, August 05, 2013, 21:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

That is a good question but they do appear to still exist at an exorbitant price. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

No, just no.  I know these are on the rare side but this is just crazy.  Mind you, the price is discounted!  1983 COLECO GEMINI ATARI 2600 Electronic TV Computer Game System VERY RARE NEW

Shadowrunner

Yeah that's a bit much lol. Looks close to the one I had as a kid but I think mine only came with Mouse Trap.

TrekMD

Well, and the box isn't even pristine.  I'd want this to be sealed and pristine if I were to pay that price!  LOL

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

But it's only $99 a month for 24 months with PayPal Credit.

Great deal! lol

TrekMD

zapiy

Omg that is an outrageous price lol.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

That was the only game I was missing from my collection of Starpath games.  I think I got it last year, new in box, for $60.  Had I known... 

TrekMD

I could not, not share this!  The seller has sent me an offer!  Look, look!  I got a whopping $701 discount! 

I'm still NOT taking the piss! 

TrekMD

Here is another one of these pissy auctions:  Crazy Climber Sealed Atari 2600 Club Game Rare NIB .  I know this game is rare but not this level of rarity.  ;)

Saturn

davyk

So many scalpers around now. Even if you are in the mad market for this there are far too many fakes around now. I doubt anyone on the open market would deal with items like this. This sort of thing would change hands in forums, discord servers or FB groups etc.

TrekMD

Agreed. Always fun to watch these to see what happens. I think the seller for the Starpath game was "nice" to offer me a lower price.  He needed to give it a 90% discount to make the price fair. Same with this other game.

TrekMD