Mastertronic Interview Questions Needed

Started by zapiy, March 07, 2012, 11:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

I have managed to bag an interview with Mr Guter from the Mastertronic history website..

If you fancy asking a question please pop it here and i will get them answered.

Regards

zap

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

I have a question for him.

Although there was afew games released on the Atari Computer range, less so than the C64 and Spectrum, because Atari wasn't as popular in europe, like the c64 or Speccy was, but why didn't Mastertronic convert some of the best titles from those Platforms to the Atari counter part?

as I was always a little jeaious of c64 and Speccy users, getting some of Mastertronics top games and never for my poor Atari, I'm sure it could of handled allot of them based on the Atari internal specs.

TL

Did he ever work for Virgin / Mastertronic? If he did can he share any amusing stories?

CeefaxOfDelphi

was there a worst ever mastertronic games that people inside the company regretted publishing?

zapiy

Keep um coming guys..

Would like to get this done by the weekend.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

What does he think the best game Mastertronic ever released was?

Greyfox

2nd Question.

although Mastertronic cornered the budget market with your releases across most  8-bit platforms, what where the companies feelings based on the reactions if any? of full priced software developers (U.S.GOLD, Ocean etc..) marketing their software at the same time?

3rd Question.

Why was their little Mastertronic Software released on the Atari ST & Amiga computers , other than re-releases? had the company at that time not got inhouse developers to do exclsuive mastertronic games for them?

TL

Another one from me:

Mastertronic games were known for there great artwork, what game has your favourite art?

AmigaJay

Why do you feel the budget market declined so rapidly at the end of the 1980's when the 8-bit machines were still selling well in Europe well into the early 1990's?

In hindsight what do you feel Mastertronic could have done to turn their fortunes around when the console boom hit its stride?
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Do you ever meet up with the old gang? Must be a huge part of your life and i wondered if you still have connections with the people you worked with?

Also do to my work schedule i will be sending these over Thursday so you have a few more days to get your questions in.

Cheers

zapiy

Greyfox

Since this Topic has been done and the review is up..

there is not more need for any fewer questions.

So I'm locking this thread. :)

full interview here:http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1