The Sega Master System Discussion Thread

Started by TrekMD, July 27, 2013, 20:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthinice

Music is really good. If a gamer was coming from a 2600 console, this would have been impressive back in 1986.

Ben

Recommending another forgotten Master System title I dug out and replayed, Golvellius.  This one is a really underrated Zelda II clone (or maybe Zelda II inspired is a better description).  Again, another Master System game with a great soundtrack, I think that's one advantage it had over the NES that isn't mentioned enough looking back.  If you're a Zelda II fan at all, I'd highly recommend this one: Golvellius: Valley of Doom Game Sample - Sega Master System

onthinice

I have never played Zelda for more then a few minutes. I have collected most of them but never had the desire to play.

This Sega Master System game really looks good and I agree the music is great!

TrekMD

Here is an interesting MOD of the Sega Master System II done by Amka based on Slimer from Ghostbusters.  I'm posting some of the pictures below but you can see more details here:  Amka creates a glow in the dark Ghostbusters-themed Sega Master System modification.

[align=center:2azem4j8]

[/align:2azem4j8]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

Yep, definitely crazy, but very impressive work!

nosweargamer

Any one play Dead Angle or see it in the arcade? Funny thing, for the longest time, I thought it was called "Dead Angel".  Not the greatest game by far, but I find it interesting because of its style and the fact that is was an obscure later release here in the states.  It almost seems like this game should've been a Operation Wolf style light gun game.

The No Swear Gamer Retro Reviews Ep 18 D is for Dead Angle or Dead Angel? (Sega Master System)

TrekMD

Nice video.  That's an interesting way of presenting a shooting game with your character being resented as nothing more than a wireframe. 

Ben

I love Dead Angle, nice video!  Laser Ghost is a similar game you might want to do a video for as well, just throwing that out there.

Lorfarius

Well I've decided to go after a full set of SMS games. All the Atari and Famicom stuff has gone towards funding it now. Here's a brief vid of what I have to start with:

http://youtu.be/LYyTu-QMRbM?list=UUiJB7v3PT7tugoYHQfqSFVw

Greyfox

You truly a retro gaming bipolar collector lol.

One minute this, the next that, followed up by ohh what's that..yes definitely a bipolar collector :21:

Lorfarius

I'm more determined with this one, I actually like the games!

avick

Yeah, I'm with you on the MS, but they take up so much damn space. I guess I'm two thirds of the way to a full Pal set, but I'm considering putting what I've got into storage and getting an ever drive.

Shadowrunner

I've had the thought of going for a complete set a couple times for different consoles, but in the end it's just too much work and too costly! Good luck Lorfarius, I hope you reach your goal :)