Any Intellivision owners?

Started by zapiy, March 05, 2012, 22:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthinice

People not buying the game or lack of support?

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"People not buying the game or lack of support?

Not quite sure but I think there is money involved.  This seemed to come out of the blue and surprised a lot of people.  I'm disappointed because he clearly knows what he's doing in programming for the Intellivision.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

It would have to take some cash to get started. Maybe the payment choices limited buyers.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"It would have to take some cash to get started. Maybe the payment choices limited buyers.

I think it went beyond that.  There seemed to be some history there but, as I said, I really don't know the details. 

TL

Seems to me that they fell out because the programmer chose to sell some copies on eBay and the publisher wasn't happy about it

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"Seems to me that they fell out because the programmer chose to sell some copies on eBay and the publisher wasn't happy about it

I think that was the trigger but there was more going on.

DZ-Jay

Hi all!

I'm still trolling the forums, so I'm slowly catching up with these old threads.

As some of you may know, I have an Intellivision (actually, I own three).

It is a very good system, but then again, I'm biased. :)

I'm very glad that RVG picked it up as a first class citizen of the retro-gaming community.

As for the best games for the console, I agree with the ones mentioned already. Some of my favourites as a kid were, in no particular order:

- B-17 Bomber
- BurgerTime
- Loco-Motion
- Utopia
- Astrosmash
- Star Strike
- Dracula
- Microsurgeon
- Atlantis
- Frog Bog
- Tennis
- Basketball

As an adult, I rediscovered Night Stalker, which is a very good maze game; and Thin Ice.  Neither of these I owned as a child.

Cheers!
    -dZ

--
Sent from my iPhone, so igmore teh typpos...

TrekMD

That's a good list of games.  Atlantis was particularly impressive to me (as I said on my review).  I haven't played some of the titles you listed (Loco-Motion, Utopia, Tennis, Frog Bog) but getting there!  I've had an Intellivsion for a relatively short time.  :)

DZ-Jay

Quote from: "TrekMD"That's a good list of games.  Atlantis was particularly impressive to me (as I said on my review).  I haven't played some of the titles you listed (Loco-Motion, Utopia, Tennis, Frog Bog) but getting there!  I've had an Intellivsion for a relatively short time.  :)

--

TL

Frog Bog, I believe, is the same game as Frogs 'N' Flies on the 2600 and Frog Feast on the Jaguar (and other formats)

TrekMD

Quote from: "dzfoo"
Quote from: "TrekMD"That's a good list of games.  Atlantis was particularly impressive to me (as I said on my review).  I haven't played some of the titles you listed (Loco-Motion, Utopia, Tennis, Frog Bog) but getting there!  I've had an Intellivsion for a relatively short time.  :)

--

Thanks for that info!  I knew there were several 2-player only games for the system and assumed most were sports games. 

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"Frog Bog, I believe, is the same game as Frogs 'N' Flies on the 2600 and Frog Feast on the Jaguar (and other formats)

Yes it is. 

onthinice

Great list dzfoo! BurgerTime, Loco-Motion and Thin Ice top my favorite title list.

TL

I have my Intellivision lives for the DS now and have played some of the games on it (there are 60!)

So far I really like Shark Shark! and Astro Smash, will play some more later I think!

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"I have my Intellivision lives for the DS now and have played some of the games on it (there are 60!)

So far I really like Shark Shark! and Astro Smash, will play some more later I think!

Those two are very good titles, so there is a reason you like them.  :)