Any Intellivision owners?

Started by zapiy, March 05, 2012, 22:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

TrekMD

It's intelligent television!  Clear that shock from your face. ;)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

TrekMD

TL

If you havn't seen it before this is the advert that video is taking the piss out of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0KTjpaG3cg

onthinice

I have an Intellivision and some games. Some of my favorites are Commando, Dig Dug, Loco-Motion, Pac Man, Q*Bert, Thin Ice and Turbo.
The new Donkey Kong looks good but I haven't bought one yet.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"I have an Intellivision and some games. Some of my favorites are Commando, Dig Dug, Loco-Motion, Pac Man, Q*Bert, Thin Ice and Turbo.
The new Donkey Kong looks good but I haven't bought one yet.

You should get the new D2K if you can.  It contains the first DK Arcade and the additional game as well.  So, one cart gets you the whole thing. 

onthinice

I think my problem is I played the original Donkey Kong on Intellivision. Good news is I do not have anymore bad dreams about the game.

So maybe I'm ready for the new version. :D

Thanks TrekMD!

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"I think my problem is I played the original Donkey Kong on Intellivision. Good news is I do not have anymore bad dreams about the game.

So maybe I'm ready for the new version. :D

Thanks TrekMD!

I never had the "pleasure" of playing the original port but, believe me, this is a superb port that puts what Coleco did to shame.  I have yet to read any negative reviews of this new port anywhere.  This is DK as it should have been done on the Intellivision and the fact that it not only has all 4 screen but additional screens makes it one of the best ports to any home console, period.

onthinice

I have been ready for a new version of DK. The Atari computer version is nice but way to fast and some of the other good ones
lack the fourth screen.

Do you own stock in this new homebrew game TrekMD? If not you should because you're a good spokesperson!

TL

Yeah where is the bloody review already?  :P

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"Yeah where is the bloody review already?  ;)

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Do you own stock in this new homebrew game TrekMD? If not you should because you're a good spokesperson!

LOL No, I don't but I believe in supporting good developers!  Although, from stuff I've read, it seems as if the person who programmed this particular game may be leaving the scene.  A big loss to us.  I was hoping he'd do the same thing for the 2600!

onthinice

Did he get a visit from the big N. :oHad not heard that. I hope it's his choice and not something serious.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Did he get a visit from the big N. :oHad not heard that. I hope it's his choice and not something serious.

I'm not sure of the details, to be honest.  But it seems to be out of frustration.