Any Intellivision owners?

Started by zapiy, March 05, 2012, 22:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Quote from: "Nurmix"As we know, these two games are not a good representation of what the Intellivision can do.

That's for sure!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

Unless Coleco had spies at Mattel and Atari to know every nuance of these two systems, I say job well done Coleco. I will agree Coleco was trying to get these games out quickly to make money but look at Turbo on the Intellivision.  Turbo to me proves Coleco was trying to make better games.

This third party stuff was all new. Activision is probably the best example of the success but even Activision chose to make little improvements to different console versions.

TrekMD

They likely reversed engineered the hardware to be able to make the games.  I think the reality is that they wanted to get the games out as quickly as possible to "cash in."

onthinice

Yeah, I had heard the deal Coleco made with Nintendo involved marketing for the Intellivision and Atari 2600. Nintendo probably laughed all the way to the bank, knowing it was Coleco's reputation not theirs if the games flopped.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Yeah, I had heard the deal Coleco made with Nintendo involved marketing for the Intellivision and Atari 2600. Nintendo probably laughed all the way to the bank, knowing it was Coleco's reputation not theirs if the games flopped.

:21:

Nurmix

Quote from: "onthinice"Yeah, I had heard the deal Coleco made with Nintendo involved marketing for the Intellivision and Atari 2600. Nintendo probably laughed all the way to the bank, knowing it was Coleco's reputation not theirs if the games flopped.

That seems likely in retrospect. I never thought of it in those terms, but it would make sense.

TrekMD

Here is something to watch and enjoy.  :21:

[align=center:3ograqcq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhdhr0e2MrY#t=155[/align:3ograqcq]

onthinice

:21: But just like the video I learned to be thankful. :4:

DZ-Jay

I can absolutely relate.  After wishing for years for an Atari VCS, my parents bought me an Intellivision!!!

I had to endure the taunts at school and not being able to trade games with anyone.  Then, it turned out that the Intellivision was way better than the Atari and the Odessey2.  I never looked back. :)

dZ.

zapiy

Great video lol.. don't see them like that these days. :113:

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

[align=center:3bm771ck]This is pretty cool...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMIccvRoQVY[/align:3bm771ck]

ls650

Quote from: "onthinice"My parents bought me an Odyssey 2! 
Hey, the Odyssey 2 might not have been nearly as successful, but it does have some great games: the two KC games, UFO!, Turtles, Monkeyshines, etc.

onthinice

Totally agree ls650. Odyssey 2 will always be a favorite of mine.

As a kid I always wanted an Intellivision after playing a friends system. I use to be thankful that another friend had K.C. Munchkin. Intellivision had Loc n' Chase but it was no Pac-Man.

TrekMD