Any Intellivision owners?

Started by zapiy, March 05, 2012, 22:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CeefaxOfDelphi

there are those naughty polish multicarts which get you all the games for about £50 - I guess that's the best buy - but not very legal.  I prefer to buy originals as I like the boxes

Console Compulsive

I have an intellivision, well, for some reason 3 of them actually. There were plenty of fairly good games for it released under the intellivision branding but some of the best/more interesting (and more expensive to buy now) were released by imagic, Parker and activision.

I would say the top 15 games (no particuar order) for Intellivision that I enjoyed playing are:

1) Dracula (imagic) - a fun game where you have to catch your victims and bite their necks to keep your blood supply up and then get home to your coffin by dawn

2) Shark Shark! - Eat fish smaller than you to help you grow and avoid the bigger fish to survive but look out for the shark

3) Frog Bog - A two player race to jump between lilly pads and catch the most flying bugs

4) B17 Bomber (works with the intellivoice add on) - fight off enemy fighters while you fly across europe to your bombing target Then open the bomb bay doors and destroy targets.

5) AD&D Cloudy Mountain - Search the mountain mazes to find arrows to defeat the monsters and dragons

6) AD&D Treasure of Tarmin - More of the same type of monster killing action

7) Mission X - Flying shoot em up

8) Pitfall (Activision) - hey.....it's pitfall. What more do you need?

9) Utopia - Imagine Sim City, Then imagine how it would have been in the Atari/intellivision era.

10) Burger time - Just like the classic arcade game, all in all not a bad conversion

11) Lock 'n' Chase - Another arcade conversion

12) Tron: deadly discs - Run around the arena flinging discs at your opponents but watch out for the controllers

13) Triple Action - three games for two player action. Tanks, Driving and Bi-planes

14) Frogger (Activision) - Frogger!

15) Tron: Maze-a-Tron - Run through an ever scrolling and direction changing maze to escape from the controllers.

Hope this has been of interest guys n girls. If anyone is interested I do have plenty of doubled games that I will happily consider trading and may even consider selling or trading one of the 3 Intellivision consoles I have.

zapiy

I will have to try and pick up a few of them and fire my beauty up again.. ;)

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Console Compulsive

When I get round to sorting out all my doubles, i'll post on the shops and market place board & let you know what I have.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

jdanddiet

i used to love my intellivision.  Games were pricey so only ever had ten games for it thought.  Tron Deadly Discs is all kinds of aces.

TL

Quote from: "jdanddiet"i used to love my intellivision.  Games were pricey so only ever had ten games for it thought.  Tron Deadly Discs is all kinds of aces.

I love the 2600 version but I have heard the INTV version is much better.

Console Compulsive

It was much better than the 2600 version as the movement and 8 way fire were independent from each other. Brilliant fun in 2 player mode as well  :D

TrekMD

I just purchased an Intellivision II on Ebay with 14 games and I also ordered Donkey Kong Arcade.  I could not resist!  :)  I don't know much about Intellivision but I do know that it has some games that are unique to the system.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

TrekMD

TL

I was really impressed with this arcade conversion for the Intellivision:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMe7GkvF6Vo

TrekMD

Commando is a pretty good conversion on the Intellivision.  Finding a complete cart with overlays gets expensive, though.

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"Commando is a pretty good conversion on the Intellivision.  Finding a complete cart with overlays gets expensive, though.

Thats a bummer, the music is excellent.

Better of sticking to the awesome 7800 version though  8)

TrekMD

Yes, the 7800 version is excellent, so I'm happy with just that one.  But the Intellivision one is still quite impressive.