My old Attempt at 2600 Tempest using Batari Basic.

Started by Gorf, July 07, 2013, 21:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorf

Here is something I started a few years back and never got to finishing using batari BASIC.

This is the .bin file for it...its not much but I thought it was a pretty good start for my first
attempt at something serious on the 2600.

Should work fine on Stella. No copying to ROM carts!!!! It is for download and play only on
your personal machine( ie....harmony or what have you) and emulators.

Here are a few pics.....

Gorf

Gorf

Gorf

Gorf

...and finally...the last of the original 16 conduits of tempest arcade.

TL

TrekMD

That looks fantastic!  Certainly better than the "official" attempt.  Just one thing, I don't see the binary. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

I do:

t26000.bin (32 kB - downloaded 0 times.)

Above first screenshot

TrekMD

Duh, I'm looking at all the images and didn't realize the binary was also in there!  LOL

Gorf

it does not do much but you can shoot for now and use 'up' to switch through the different conduits...I know everyone calls the tubes but that term just does not properly and accurately apply, especially to the open ended levels. I may consider continuing on finishing that one of these days.

TrekMD

You should!  What you've done so far is great!

Gorf

We'll see how things go....homebrews are on the very back burner....I have an OUYA now that needs to be programmed. I just gotta figure out how.  :4:

Shadowrunner

Just tried this with the 2600 emulator on my Ouya. Looks good so far, hope you finish it someday  :)

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Just tried this with the 2600 emulator on my Ouya. Looks good so far, hope you finish it someday  :)

Which 2600 emulator did you use?

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Just tried this with the 2600 emulator on my Ouya. Looks good so far, hope you finish it someday  :)

Which 2600 emulator did you use?

2600.emu
I only tried a couple games with it so far but seems pretty good.