'till death do us part

Started by dot.fyre, March 04, 2012, 13:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dot.fyre

In my introduction thread I listed a few systems that I've sold over the last year or two.

However, I don't ever see the day that I'd sell my Atari VCS collection.
I've had it for over 30 years and it's also the system that got me into collecting
 (for lots of other systems too) 15 years ago.

Is there any particular console/computer that you would never sell.

TL

I would never ever sell my Lynx collection, the console has a special place in my heart and is one of the few machines I still own from when I was a kid

dot.fyre

The Lynx is actually one of the few systems I've never played.

CeefaxOfDelphi

Defo my Megadrive.   Can't seen me ever giving that up.  Truth is, it'l probably expire at some point, but I do have a MKII in the loft if that happens.

TL

Quote from: "stvd"The Lynx is actually one of the few systems I've never played.

You are SERIOUSLY missing out!  :o

zapiy

My Lynx and Game Gear are my to systems I would never sell.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Quote from: "zapiy"My Lynx and Game Gear are my to systems I would never sell.

I sold my Game Gear last year, terrible machine IMO.

CeefaxOfDelphi

Quote from: "The Laird"

it's certainly ugly and huge?  Personally not a fan of any handheld pre-backlit screens - they all seem so hard to play on cloudy UK weather.

zapiy

I love it. Each to there own guys. Maybe I will be picking some bargains up from you lot then. Lol.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

DreamcastRIP

Game Gear is second only to the Amstrad GX4000 as the worst retro system I've picked up.

As for which gaming platform I would never let go then I don't think there is one. It's only video games and they're not that important in the grand scheme of things.
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

TL

Quote from: "DreamcastRIP"As for which gaming platform I would never let go then I don't think there is one. It's only video games and they're not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Zapiy - BAN HIM!  >:(

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "DreamcastRIP"As for which gaming platform I would never let go then I don't think there is one. It's only video games and they're not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Zapiy - BAN HIM!  >:(
;D

Pfft!
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

dot.fyre

It's just a bit of fun but just to let you know, there is no "grand scheme of things".
Whatever you hold as "important" is ultimately, not, when you're gone.  :o

zapiy

Lol. I have to agree if it really. But it would take a massive issue for me to sell.

CeefaxOfDelphi

the systems I have got ridden of in the past, i tended just to pass on
to friends. selling retro seems a lot of hassle & most what I have is of small
value. plus, eventually they chuck something back my way, so it all evens out