Frenzy - New Atari 7800 Homebrew!

Started by TL, June 28, 2013, 21:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Quote from: "slacey1070"Why did Frenzy never get ports? I only know of the Colecovision one...
That's a good question.  I wonder if there was some licensing agreement with Coleco that didn't allow other ports.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Gorf

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "slacey1070"Why did Frenzy never get ports? I only know of the Colecovision one...
That's a good question.  I wonder if there was some licensing agreement with Coleco that didn't allow other ports.

I'm sure Coleco was doing their best at the time to score exclusives so Atari and the others could not come
up from behind them and pull the rug out from under them. My guess is Frenzy was definitely one of those.

TrekMD

Here's a newer video showing more of the gameplay as it is now.  :)

[align=center:lat3avrm]Frenzy for the Atari 7800[/align:lat3avrm]

onthinice

I like the fact that the 7800 has a much better controller then the Colecovision. Should help the gameplay. Looks really good!

TrekMD

Bob has done a fantastic job with this game.  Then again, what game has Bob not done a superb job with?!?!  :)

TL

This looks absolutely bloody superb  :16:

TrekMD

I just learned that a boxed version of the game will be going on sale at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo and then it will be available in the AtariAge Store.  So, essentially, it will be available the first weekend of October.

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"I just learned that a boxed version of the game will be going on sale at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo and then it will be available in the AtariAge Store.  So, essentially, it will be available the first weekend of October.

I might have to get somebody to buy this game for me as I really want to play it.

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"I just learned that a boxed version of the game will be going on sale at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo and then it will be available in the AtariAge Store.  So, essentially, it will be available the first weekend of October.

I might have to get somebody to buy this game for me as I really want to play it.

Let me know.  I can order two copies when I get mine.

PacManPlus

Thanks, Guys :69:

It's basically done at this point.  I just need to add a few more words and hope nobody finds any bugs.
Wish I could test the two player simultaneous options easily.  :-

Bob

TrekMD

That is great to hear, Bob.  Aren't you in Florida? 

TrekMD

Here's the box art!

[align=center:2ru40z5a][/align:2ru40z5a]

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"Here's the box art!

[align=center:3afeqamp][/align:3afeqamp]

Stunning box art!

Gorf

Quote from: "PacManPlus"Thanks, Guys :69:

It's basically done at this point.  I just need to add a few more words and hope nobody finds any bugs.
Wish I could test the two player simultaneous options easily.  :-

Bob

It's a shame you can't get the voice to work without stopping the action.
Good to know you got the voice to work...perhaps we can add that to Gorf when you get around to it.