Kickstarter Projects

Started by Shadowrunner, June 28, 2013, 19:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Anybody looking for a new 2D run'n'gun Dreamcast game?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sa ... video-game

I just backed it and of course went with the Dreamcast version :)

TrekMD

Oh, they've added a Dreamcast version?  That wasn't there before, I think. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Ben

I think I'm going to have to back this one, I just hope it hits the goal.  This is the first DC Kickstarter I've been excited about in a long time.

Shadowrunner

I think originally a Dreamcast version was one of the stretch goals, but they moved it up to try and get more interest. Hopefully it works, I want it to hit the goal too!

TrekMD

With it having the Dreamcast included, I'm definitely supporting it.  :)

zapiy

This is a sure fire way to have a successful Kickstarter now. Just add a version for a retro system and your done.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

Also to add that Simon Bulter is involved as the main artist for the game, for those who don't know who he is, he produced some iconic sprites and graphics for Ocean Software in the 1980's and 1990's and a blazing and sharp sense of humour, perfect for this gig.

I think I'll be having a blast at the PC version

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "Greyfox"Also to add that Simon Bulter is involved as the main artist for the game, for those who don't know who he is, he produced some iconic sprites and graphics for Ocean Software in the 1980's and 1990's and a blazing and sharp sense of humour, perfect for this gig.

I think I'll be having a blast at the PC version

Cool, I did not know that. Nice to see an industry veteran is involved.

Ben

Quote from: "zapiy"This is a sure fire way to have a successful Kickstarter now. Just add a version for a retro system and your done.
The Dreamcast seems to be picking up steam in that regard also, I just read an article about how demand has spiked due to younger gamers wanting to play Shenmue - http://www.techtimes.com/articles/79960 ... nmue-3.htm

TrekMD

Looks like the Saber Rider project now has the PC Engine added as well.  From the update email I got today...

PC Engine:
Last week we teamed up with a very talented group specialized in PC Engine development. We reached a deal with them and so it became possible to include this port it into our 75k main goal. The estimated release date is Q2 2017
We have added 4 reward levels just for PC Engine.
BEE SPECIAL LEVEL 1 $49
BEE SPECIAL LEVEL 2 $99
BEE SPECIAL LEVEL 3 $139
ENGINE PRO LEVEL $189

zapiy

The pricing it crazy though.. £92/$139 for the PC Engine game???

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

They are trying any and every way to get funded.  Crazy prices must be part of it. 

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "zapiy"The pricing it crazy though.. £92/$139 for the PC Engine game???

That's a higher priced tier that includes multiple copies of the game and other stuff. The basic PC Engine pledge is £33/$49. I'm already backing the DC version but now I'm tempted to go for the PCE too!

zapiy

Well spotted I must have missed that.

Shadowrunner

I missed the part where it said PC Engine CD, so I won't be backing that version. Too bad, if they put it on Hu card they would probably get more backers.

They're over the half way mark now and there's 13 days to go. It's going to be close but hopefully they make it!