New Vectrex Hombrew - Nagoya Attack

Started by TrekMD, June 19, 2013, 04:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Atari Age user KidQuaalude has just released the first beta of a new homebrew title for the Vectres, Nagoya Attack.  The game is a single life survival game inspired by Taito's Minivader tester board.  The original thread can be found here: Vectrex - Nagoya Attack (WIP).

[align=center:13acp3aq]Vectrex Nagoya Attack Beta[/align:13acp3aq]

[align=center:13acp3aq]Binary is attached below. 

[size=80]Posted with permission from KidQuaalude.[/size][/align:13acp3aq]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

DreamcastRIP

Any new game for Vectrex is always welcome - its homebrew scene is not only well established (with numerous boxed cartridge-based games released over the years) but also puts many more commercially successful consoles to shame... so onwards and upwards.  :1:

This game looks fine for what it is but I'm personally not sure I'de be willing to spend what I'd assume to be the £20-£30 it'll cost to buy the boxed release. Great to have on a Vectrex flash cart though if the author decides to release it that way.

(Maybe some of those points are already covered in the AA article but I'd rather not visit that place, lol)
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

TrekMD

Quote from: "DreamcastRIP"Any new game for Vectrex is always welcome - its homebrew scene is not only well established (with numerous boxed cartridge-based games released over the years) but also puts many more commercially successful consoles to shame... so onwards and upwards.  :)

TrekMD

I thought I'd give a brief update on this game, particularly since it is an important one.  I found out that the same folks bringing NOX as a cart release will use the same methodology and release Nagoya Attack along with another game in one cart.  More details once I know more!  :)

TrekMD

New video of the game!

[align=center:3mgsvm03]NAGOYA ATTACK[/align:3mgsvm03]