If you were stranded on a island and could only have 1 conso

Started by Fin, June 10, 2013, 10:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fin

If you were stranded on a island and could only have 1 console (and the island happened to have a tv and a spare electrical socket)

Which console would you take with you and which 5 games?

To be honest i am trying to figure out what games i must have in my collection :)

In my case I am split between my Gameboy (pointless TV) and Mega Drive.

Gameboy:

Zelda - Links Awakening
Super Mario Land 2
Lemmings
Super Mario Land
Tetris

Mega Drive:

Sonic 2,3+Knuckles
Streets of Rage 2
Toe Jam & Earl

onthinice

In similar posts on other sites it has been either the Intellivision or the original Nintendo. My tastes have really changed in the last couple of years. Now I pick the Sony PSP handheld.

PSP
EA Replay - My favorites on the UMD are all three Road Rash games, Desert Strike and Ultima: The Black Gate

Sid Meier's Pirates - It is the same as the PC, Xbox 360 and Wii versions but has a few extras that make it worth playing.

Taito Legends Power-Up - Balloon Bomber, Elevator Action, Qix, Phoenix and Space Invaders are a few games to keep you busy.

Still looking for the PSP Activision's 2600 Greatest Hits and a good football game would round out my top 5.

I'm ready for that Island! Wonder if other video game tastes have changed?

TrekMD

The PSP is not a bad choice because of all the retro games you can play on it.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

I would take the Dreamcast with.

Crazy Taxi
Powerstone
Jet set Radio
House of the dead with gun
18 wheeler.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Hmmm, very hard to choose between the Lynx and the Mega Drive, seen as the Lynx doesn't need a TV can I have both?  :4:

Atari Lynx

Shanghai
Awesome Golf
Robotron 2084
STUN Runner
Super Asteroids/Missile Command

Sega Mega Drive

Streets Of Rage 2
Ultimate Qix
Dragon's Fury
Sensible Soccer
Pit-Fighter

Rogue Trooper

Going for Playstation.

Games will explain all....

1)XCOM (I never tire of this game).

2)Blood Omen-Never finished, want to return to it, yet distracted by pile of shame.

3)Einhander (been years since i played, no modded PS anymore, hopefully 1 on island is, lol)

4)Bubble Bobble

5)Doom

Some of my best gaming exps past few years there, rescue ship can wait a while.

:-)

TL

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"Going for Playstation.

[size=360]BANNED!  [/size]

:24:

dougtitchmarsh

A toughie, but I'd have to have
An Atari VCS and
Space Invaders
Phoenix
Circus Atari
Asteroids
Dragster

or
Megadrive
Psycho Pinball
Sonic 1 and 2
Dragons Fury
Mega Games 1 (3 in 1 cartridge)
My retro and computing blog posts
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, 2600, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, GameGear, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, GBA, GB,  Xbox, 3DO,  WonderSwan,  NGPC, CD32, Amiga A1200, Spectrum 48k and +2, BBC B, C64

Shadowrunner

I almost said Playstation too but I think I will go with my 3DO instead.

Road Rash
Captain Quazar
Guardian War
Wolfenstein 3D
Samurai Shodown

Good mix of genres to keep me busy.

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"Going for Playstation.

[size=360]BANNED!  [/size]

:24:

Name me another console i can play those 5 on then? lol.Machine itself i could'nt give a tinkers damn about, if i'm stranded, i want those games.

Unless of course you wash up a modded PSP...but then i'd be banned for using a later Sony device, right? :-)

TL

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"Unless of course you wash up a modded PSP...but then i'd be banned for using a later Sony device, right? :-)

Correct!  :4:

DreamcastRIP

Does the island have Wi-Fi?  :4:

If not I'd probably take a Caanoo with a large capacity memory card full of illegally pirated game ROMs on account of the island not having a police force, lol.
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac