Sega 49 years of making arcade games.

Started by AmigaJay, June 07, 2013, 00:02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaJay

Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Greyfox

Wow, delighted they are still around today, and may they last another 49 years, but they should take a step back on the sonic games for a while, and ohh yeah release Bayonetta 2 on another console other than the Wii-U.

Minerals

zapiy

Brilliant read that was.. how i missed this is beyond me lol..

Awesome.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

This game is briefly featured in the latest issue of Retro Gamer, it's one of Sega's earliest arcade games. I never played the original arcade version but instead discovered it as the hidden bonus game on Die Hard Arcade for the Sega Saturn!  :16:

[align=center:u3j3p0dl]Die Hard Arcade: Deep Scan (Sega Saturn)[/align:u3j3p0dl]

TrekMD

I don't recall ever seeing this game in the arcades.  I like the sound effects.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

guest5175

Thanks for the positive comments everyone, I wrote that article. I love arcade history, especially about companies that used to take risks. Sadly, so much of that has passed now.

TL

Quote from: "arcadehero"Thanks for the positive comments everyone, I wrote that article. I love arcade history, especially about companies that used to take risks. Sadly, so much of that has passed now.

Ahhh! I never knew you wrote that mate! Top work sir!  :16: