Games Based On Cartoons!

Started by TL, May 29, 2013, 18:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

dougtitchmarsh

What about some of the Warner Bros cartoons?
Desert Demolition - Road Runner and Wile e Coyote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLDHMSGxuSQ
I'm a big fan of the Road Runner cartoons, but the games always seem a little flat.

Tom and Jerry on Master System?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGLcQ96km9I

And of course TazMania on Sega Megadrive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBvbCaMz-1c

Tiny toons, nah :28:
My retro and computing blog posts
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, 2600, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, GameGear, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, GBA, GB,  Xbox, 3DO,  WonderSwan,  NGPC, CD32, Amiga A1200, Spectrum 48k and +2, BBC B, C64

TL

Road Runner, good call!  :113:

I love the Atari arcade game that was subsequently converted to a number of home formats including the 2600:

Road Runner (ARCADE) Inv

Road Runner for the Atari 2600

Rogue Trooper

Had C64 Road Runner, but sadly being a lowly tape only owner, game was killed stone-dead for myself.Horrendous multi-load, really spoiled the flow.If ever there was a disk or cart only based game in the making on C64, that was it.

TL

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"Had C64 Road Runner, but sadly being a lowly tape only owner, game was killed stone-dead for myself.Horrendous multi-load, really spoiled the flow.If ever there was a disk or cart only based game in the making on C64, that was it.

Let's Compare: Road Runner - C64 vs. CPC vs. Atari St

Katzkatz

Aladdin(based on the film).  It is quite a good platform game.  It was "AGA only" on the Amiga.  It got DOS and Megadrive conversions as well. 

Aladdin, megadrive (1/10)

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "Katzkatz"Aladdin(based on the film).  It is quite a good platform game.  It was "AGA only" on the Amiga.  It got DOS and Megadrive conversions as well. 

Aladdin, megadrive (1/10)
Otherway round my friend was it not? MD originally then ported to Amiga etc?-Sega been working close with Disney for some time, got the dael, A1200 version followed after Genesis version, based around that code, just had better sound etc.

MS game different again as is SNES.

TrekMD

Has anyone played Garfield for the 2600?

[align=center:mr6abma5]Garfield for the Atari 2600[/align:mr6abma5]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"Had C64 Road Runner, but sadly being a lowly tape only owner, game was killed stone-dead for myself.Horrendous multi-load, really spoiled the flow.If ever there was a disk or cart only based game in the making on C64, that was it.

Let's Compare: Road Runner - C64 vs. CPC vs. Atari St

Gotta love the C64 music.Fred G.and the SID=winning combo.

onthinice

Garfield on the 2600 looks great. I only knew of the Mega Drive/Genesis version. Nice surprise.

Rogue Trooper

Someone mention The Jetsons?

Microillusions did a rather smart mouse driven adventure game on Amiga/ST/PC (Think Amiga version had digitised music others lacked), chalked up 82% in C+VG at the time.

TL

I loved all the cartoon based arcade games that Konami did that use the same engine as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:

Arcade Longplay [207] Bucky O'Hare

Arcade Longplay [117] The Simpsons Arcade Game

Asterix Arcade - 2 players Playthrough

Alberto 2K

Konami did a great job with those games, real arcade classics!
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

TL

They sure did!

Here is another great game I was reminded of the other day, Tintin On The Moon on the Spectrum:

Tintin on the Moon Walkthrough, ZX Spectrum