Hover Bovver - New Intellivision Homebrew!

Started by TL, May 15, 2013, 12:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elektronite

Hover Bovver is being redeveloped.

Support the effort by buying the 'Half Cut Edition'

Details here:

http://www.gamesforyourintellivision.com/halfcut.html

TrekMD

Cool!  Great to see this will be released and that the full game will indeed be redeveloped and sold.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Elektronite

Listen to "George Plimpton" advertise Hover Bovver!

TL

Quote from: "Elektronite"Listen to "George Plimpton" advertise Hover Bovver!

That is brilliant  :21:

Elektronite

Thanks! We think it shows the kind of quality that we expect in a game.

More information about the 'Half Cut Edition' is available.

What is the 'Half Cut' edition you may ask? ......The Hover Bovver - Half Cut Edition is a cartridge in an LTO shell, with the planned official Hover Bovver Cartridge sticker.

It includes:

The 'Milestone' '2 working levels' of the original (now cancelled) game

The LTO/Elektronite Hover Bovver Voice Test rom, that works with an Intellivoice and features a voice actor with a British accent!

(An example of the high quality voices that will be in the re-developed game)

The Match 5 Demo.

These three roms will be placed in a menu, as soon as possible, and shipped as soon as available for the cost of $40 US and
SHIPPING  IS INCLUDED!

At $40 US this is a tremendous value! But wait! There's MORE!

When you purchase 'Hover Bovver - Half Cut Edition', you not only will be supporting development of Hover Bovver to the high standard that this game deserves, but when the game is complete you will be able to return your Hover Bovver - Half Cut Edition circuit board and get the FULL GAME, returned to you on the circuit board FREE OF CHARGE!

That's right! By buying the 'Half Cut' edition, you will receive the 'Full Cut' version when you return the 'Half Cut' printed circuit board.

Make no mistake....the redevelopment of Hover Bovver depends on support. Some people have said 'Just let me know when the final version is available and I'll buy it.' and it is 'too complicated'. If there is no support, CGPI will refund all supporters with a $40 certificate towards the purchase of an Elektronite product, and they can KEEP the 'Half Cut Edition'. If the fans want to see the game produced, buy the Half Cut Edition today!

Another issue is the cancelled edition boxes. Currently, as of October 24, 2013, we have about 65 sets still available for purchase. There is no guarantee that the 'Full Cut Edition' will be  'CIB' (Complete in Box). At this time, there are no definite plans to reprint the box. If the cancelled editon boxes do not sell out, there will definitely NOT be a reprint. Regardless, any potential reprint of the box will be different from the 100 collectible sets of the original box.

When the game is complete, a manual will be available in PDF format for those who want to print their own, or for sale for a small fee.   

Finally, the game is being re-developed from scratch. None of the substandard' '2 working level' edition will be part of the final game. Elektronite is committed to publishing the highest quality games that you have come to expect.

You may order it here:

http://www.gamesforyourintellivision.com/halfcut.html

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

Elektronite

So far, support has been pretty good.

However, the game is not 'back on track' unless we can raise the funds to pay the programmer.

I am fully prepared to refund the backers if not enough people buy the 'Half Cut' edition.

If people want to see the game produced, vote with your wallets!

I've been told that some people on another forum, are concerned that my ordering website for this version is 'spiteful'.

I don't care.

There is a reason that 'Match 5 Demo' is included on this cartridge. Because, the so called 'Milestone' rom, of '2 working levels' is an absolute joke! It is not a 2 level game. It has no sound. It has no dog AI. It has no mower acceleration.

The MAIN reason for the cancellation of the original games however, was the substandard voice on the original developers later version. This was a MAJOR quality concern. I have made a 'commercial' that has upset some people. Boo hoo! There are some  thin skinned people out there.

The sound demo rom included on the 'Half Cut Edition' cartridge will show people the kind of voice support that they are going to get with the new version.

I am not adding to or changing the '2 working level' ROM in any way. I have no concern if people get a bad impression of the original cancelled game. I am not actually 'selling' it, as it is not even playable.

The new game will be 100 percent new code from a new programmer.

I can assure you however, that what we release will be excellent quality.

sloan

So if I order half cut edition, how long do you forecast before the re-release full version becomes available? I realize it is only an estimate, but waiting years would not be good. Just curious.

BTW, thanks for making the effort to bring the reprogrammed full version to reality.

Elektronite

Fair question.

I cannot give a definite answer. The programmer who has agreed to do the game can't start for another month or so. However, he knows what he is doing, so I am hoping six months.

Regardless of the time limit, the fact is that getting the 'half cut' edition gives you a real cartridge that can at the very least, play a pretty good game of Match 5. As well, it is novel in that it has some really cool Intellivoice samples. You won't be paying your money and wondering in 8 months if you will ever get your game.

I have a feeling that some people might even just keep the 'Half Cut' version as a 'conversation piece' after the 'Full Cut' version comes out.

The whole situation regarding this title is such that I cannot make any promises regarding boxed versions or time of development. The only thing I can promise is that we won't release crap.

Elektronite

The "Half Cut Edition" is complete, and will be manufactured and shipped very soon.

This is a picture of the animated title.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Elektronite

I've been told some skeptics seem to be of the impression that my mass destruction of the Hover Bovver boxes is some sort of 'bluff'.

I've used about 50-100 already as paint catchers. I will definitely show a bunch destroyed with pics very soon.

If people think that the redeveloped version will be in the old box, they are mistaken.

There will be a new box or no box at all.

sloan

Just curious: Did the programmer you parted ways with ever complete the long-promised games he was taking money for on another forum? It seemed some were getting restless waiting.

Elektronite

It is my understanding that they were shown in partially completed form at a recent Retro show in the UK.

The prototype boards the games are supposed to go on have been shown as well.

So far, I do not think the games have been shipped.

Hopefully, the people who paid get their product soon.

However, most of the people who paid are very happy to fund his projects and are patiently waiting as far as I know.

Now that there is no concern as to which product should be finished first (Hover Bovver or Rocketeer), as long as he doesn't try to sell his version of Hover Bovver, I have nothing to say about his operation. It is none of my business.