Hover Bovver - New Intellivision Homebrew!

Started by TL, May 15, 2013, 12:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:3htphw2q]

[size=140]Elektronite's next game is a fully licensed conversion of the legendary Jeff Minter/Llamasoft classic Hover Bovver and will be available in Summer 2013!!

Here we bring you an early look at the game that originally appeared on the Atari 8-bit computers and the Commodore 64 back in 1983.[/size]

[size=140]The purpose of the game is to mow the lawn (using the neighbours mower) whilst avoiding static obstacles, like the flowerbeds, and mobile enemies, such as the neighbour himself. Your pet dog will antagonise the neighbour and keep him away from you, but as the dog itself is vulnerable to the mower, care must be taken not to run it over!

The player's only weapon istheir dog, by hitting the fire button, the player can set the dog on the neighbour or gardener. This causes them to run away, or freeze in place. The amount of time for which this can be done is limited. The dog remains active all the time, roaming randomly on the board even when not being used to attack. The Dog Tolerance meter slowly drops, representing a time limit. Once this reaches zero, the dog will begin to attack the mower, causing an immediate overheat if he manages to bite it. If Dog Loyalty remains the dog can be distracted from attacking the mower by commanding it to attack the neighbour or gardener instead. Also, if the mower collides with the dog, the Dog Tolerance meter immediately drops to zero.[/size]

[size=140]Make you keep an eye on the Elektronite website or Facebook page for more on this game and to order it when it's finally released. Elektonite are committed to bringing you the very best homebrew games for your Intellivision![/size]

[size=180]Facebook Page

Website
[/size][/align:3htphw2q]

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

108 Stars

Cool, with official license by Llamasoft. Great stuff, I'll really need an Intellivision eventually.
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

onthinice

Never played the original. The Intellivison version looks nice.

zapiy

Fantastic stuff, Intellivision is certainly one of the best supported thats for sure.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Elektronite

Unfortunately, Hover Bovver has been indefinitely delayed, and perhaps even cancelled.

It will not be released anytime soon.

TrekMD

Quote from: "Elektronite"Unfortunately, Hover Bovver has been indefinitely delayed, and perhaps even cancelled.

It will not be released anytime soon.

That truly sucks.  I was really looking forward to this.  I had seen that it was delayed but was not aware of the fact that it might be completely cancelled.  Did something happen with the licensing agreement?

TL

I can't speak for everyone, but you have my full support with resolving this anyway. Hope it works out for the best.  :113:

TrekMD

Well, here's hoping this situation gets resolved somehow.  It would be unfortunate for the Intellivision community at large to miss out on this title. 

TL

I hear Groovybee will be at Play Expo again this year so maybe he will have this on show for people to play.

I played some of his Atari XM demos at the show last year.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Cool, you have to let us know what you see!  :) 

Elektronite

Quote from: "zapiy"I am going to that this year with my kids.

If you see Hover Bovver, let me know how it is! I've never seen it!   :24:

Elektronite

Unfortunately, Hover Bovver has been cancelled.

You can buy a limited number of boxes and overlays.

Details can be found here:

http://www.gamesforyourintellivision.com/hover-bovver.html

TrekMD

That really sucks.  I'll check out the limited edition boxes and overlays.  Thanks for keeping us updated.