For those who enjoy puzzle games, Atari Age
member Seemo has created something new for the 2600 that takes advantage of the Atari Vox! The name of the game is Palomino
and it is a most addicting game at that!
Here are the latest changes to the game:
- AtariVox speech has been livened up
- Game Over music is thegoldenband's airtheme
- The color for new cells alternates between the two colors of the level (it was picked randomly in the previous version)
- Since I had space, I added a 'score/hi-score' label above the score
- The current pattern is displayed with its associated color
- The next pattern is displayed below the current one: this makes it more fair to pick a new random pattern everytime one is cleared
- Bonus Mode has been further shortened, and now you have to clear 10 patterns to extend it
- Added an 'x' besides the squares counter during Bonus Mode
- Bonus Mode is immediately extended as soon as 10 squares are cleared
And here is a video:
Additional details and several working ROMs can be found over the original thread in Atari Age: Palomino 2600.
[align=center:1xif8dre][size=80]Posted with permission from Seemo.[/size][/align:1xif8dre]