New Atari 2600 Homebrew - V The Original Video Game

Started by TrekMD, February 14, 2014, 03:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "Greyfox"Seems this is now dead on it's feet :(

Well that sucks! Is this official and been posted somewhere? The website is still up but it hasn't been updated since early this year.

TrekMD

Quote from: "Greyfox"Seems this is now dead on it's feet :(

Where did you see that posted?  I don't see that on the site either.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Greyfox

no, no, you've both misunderstood, or maybe it was the way I posted this, I meant it in the context that since nothing has been said or heard of since, this was an assumption that it was dead on it's feet if by now, nothing new or any updates had been posted.

I think , to contact the author and see what he says about it.

sorry for the confusion fella's :9:

Shadowrunner

I'm on the list for a copy of this when it's done so I sent them an email and just got a reply. Basically the developer (Sean), was sick and has not been working on it. He said he plans to start working on it again very soon and the game is definitely not cancelled.

And yes I misunderstood what you were saying Greyfox, all good  :)

bogstandard

It's awesome that we've got pro-active and polite enthusiasts here!

My good deed for the day was confirming Dead of Knight for the 2600 will get another run :)

TrekMD

Quote from: "theloon"It's awesome that we've got pro-active and polite enthusiasts here!

My good deed for the day was confirming Dead of Knight for the 2600 will get another run :)

vdevteam

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I'm on the list for a copy of this when it's done so I sent them an email and just got a reply. Basically the developer (Sean), was sick and has not been working on it. He said he plans to start working on it again very soon and the game is definitely not cancelled.

And yes I misunderstood what you were saying Greyfox, all good  :)
As mentioned the game is not cancelled. I've had some personal medical stuff going on that's taken me away from hobby projects. I wasn't sure what or how to post about this on the site without sounding like a whiner hehe, but now you know the basics... personal health took priority over this hobby project... but again it's not cancelled.

With that in mind if anyone on this forum has done a deposit for a copy of the game and doesn't want to hang in a bit more while the project gets back on track, please send a message through the http://www.vtheoriginalvideogame.com website contact form and your deposit can be refunded.

Last, obviously this thread isn't being checked on a regular basis by me, so it would be appreciated to send messages through the V game site contact page and you will get a reply pretty quickly, usually same day or within a couple days max.

Thank you for everyone's patience, time and understanding.

-Sean

Shadowrunner

Thanks for checking in and giving us the update  :)

TrekMD

theloon, that should be on its own thread!

Sean, thanks for the update.  Sorry to learn of your health issues but it is good that you are doing better.  Personal health is always priority. 

vdevteam

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I also just posted on the V game website the same status here for those who don't frequent this forum. If anyone else sees a message on a different forum or thread about this, please direct them to the site now since I've posted an update there too.

Again thank you for your understanding. I know sometimes hobby projects like this get way off track and waiting sucks... I've been on the receiving end myself for other hombrew projects, paying money and waiting months and months, sometimes even years...

Anyway, game on :)

Greyfox

I'm just happy my post got the engine kick started again :)

And hopefully Sean will return to this as soon as he can.