PC Engine TurboGrafx

Started by zapiy, February 29, 2012, 00:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcultrapro

cool thanks for the suggestions, that tactical gladiator one, is it possible to get a US version? Just had a brief look and couldn't see many available, I'll have another look later on
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"cool thanks for the suggestions, that tactical gladiator one, is it possible to get a US version? Just had a brief look and couldn't see many available, I'll have another look later on

Yep, I picked it up quite cheaply

dcultrapro

how bout this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turbo-Grafx-1 ... 9cc&_uhb=1

Also I just bought a cart only Ninja Spirit so that should be good. And my Keith Courage arrived today, can't wait for Dungeon Explorer!
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"how bout this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turbo-Grafx-1 ... 9cc&_uhb=1

Also I just bought a cart only Ninja Spirit so that should be good. And my Keith Courage arrived today, can't wait for Dungeon Explorer!

Seems like a decent deal, I think mine was £10 (also loose)

dcultrapro

been looking at that Veigues game and it looks a bit clunky/irritating as you seem to take lots of hits and don't seem to be able to avoid them too well, have you played this much? Do you actually enjoy it as much as some of the other titles? I just don't want to grab things that will tick me off as I will regret spending the money lol

Victory run looks nice but I can't get my head around the gears controls, I change to second and accelerate, then as soon as I try to go up another gear it goes funny as if I put it up a gear to high and the engine can't handle it, how do you do it? I must be doing something wrong
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"been looking at that Veigues game and it looks a bit clunky/irritating as you seem to take lots of hits and don't seem to be able to avoid them too well, have you played this much? Do you actually enjoy it as much as some of the other titles? I just don't want to grab things that will tick me off as I will regret spending the money lol

I havn't played it loads, its a game I need to play some more I think before I do a review. I thought it was really fun from what I played, you just have to get used to the way it controls with the different body parts and tactics.

Quote from: "dcultrapro"Victory run looks nice but I can't get my head around the gears controls, I change to second and accelerate, then as soon as I try to go up another gear it goes funny as if I put it up a gear to high and the engine can't handle it, how do you do it? I must be doing something wrong

If you rev the car too much you break the gear, which is far too easy to do. You can repair it again after you finish a stage. It's an annoying feature that ruins the game a bit, I don't think Victory Run is very good.

dcultrapro

aah ok so I must've broken a gear, but I didn't see anything that would clearly explain that during the game, maybe I will try it again and see if I notice anything. I'm probably gonna stop buying bits for a while because its just too easy to do and I end up spending loads of money I don't have!!
Ultrapro on xbox live

Shadowrunner

Victory run takes some getting used to but can be fun when you get the hang of it. For changing gears just wait until your speed isn't increasing anymore before going up to the next one. After a while you should learn what speed that happens at and then you can start changing gears just before it maxes out which will save some time.

dcultrapro

oh ok so the speed levels off BEFORE the gear gauge gets to the red is that right? one of the many pains of having a cart only game and no manual lol
Ultrapro on xbox live

Shadowrunner

It's inevitable that you will hit the red, just try not to stay there for too long in one gear. 3rd gear is the best but obviously you can't use it forever or it will wear down so when you hit a straight section try to get up to 4th. Just takes some practice  :)

onthinice

I like Final Lap Twin and World Court Tennis because of the RPG elements. I agree about Parasol Stars and of course Pac-Land. I prefer Bonk over Bonk II. JJ and Jeff is fun for a little while. Maybe it is more a filler cart if you collect. I used to play Victory run but always prefered Final Lap.

dcultrapro

assuming I get my Military Madness, Sidearms, Ninja Spirit and Dungeon Explorer I will probably stop there for a while unless I see Devils Crush for very cheap lol, I might also pick up Outrun if I see it
Ultrapro on xbox live

onthinice

I have been looking for a reasonably priced copy of Chase HQ. Always thought that was fun game.

TL

Quote from: "onthinice"I have been looking for a reasonably priced copy of Chase HQ. Always thought that was fun game.

Same, I really want the TG version

onthinice

I know the Super Nintendo version was supposed to be super but from what I have seen the TG vesion has it beat by a mile.